Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher (June 19, 2020) Album • Page 95

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Oct 28, 2019.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Pyramid Scheme is probably my favorite midsize venue in the state. There’s a little railing area that is like a foot or two off the main floor where you can stand super close to the stage but not be in the thick of it, which I have loved as I have aged out of wanting to get kicked in the head at every show.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Agreed. The sound quality is consistently great as well.

ImAMetaphor and bigmike like this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

me reading about y'all seeing her in small venues
    [​IMG]

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

That section of tables behind the railing at pyramid scheme is great.

I do have to shout out Mac’s bar in Lansing. It’s a dump, awful, but so many nostalgic memories at that venue.

Joe4th and smowashere like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Saw Julien Baker and Phoebe in a super small room in Ferndale, MI as well. I think it was 2016? Was going to see Phoebe because I fell in love with that old video of her playing Georgia and didn't know who Julien was yet. Was great.

6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I will get there as soon as doors open just to claim a spot on this railing, lol.

zmtr and bigmike like this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Saw her at the Top Hat in Missoula with like 200-300 other people

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw Phoebe for the first time at Daytrotter studios in Iowa in 2016, just a couple blocks away from where I went to college. The room was not that crowded despite being a free show. The whole set is online so it is cool to go back and rewatch from time to time.

zmtr likes this.
  9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I’ve never seen her live :tear:

stars143, RyanPm40 and mad like this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I’ve seen her at the Pike Room on the Farewell tour, with BOCC, and on the Boygenius tour. I’m desperately craving another headlining show.

bigmike likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw her headline Mirrors festival in Camden, north London last year. She headlined the Roundhouse and it was unbelievable. She played a fair few of the songs from this album too, pre release, and Kyoto absolutely stood out.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. Meghin

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Supporter

The first time I saw Phoebe was when she played the soft opening of 6131 Records' storefront in Richmond back in 2018. The next day? She did a small member-only set for WNRN members at a (now closed) venue where the Charlottesville curling club was curling in the ice rink below. A wild time.

abcdefg123 and bigmike like this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

falafelmywaffle and phaynes12 like this.
  15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

!!!

16. PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGERS

17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Is this why she went to Europe in the middle of the pandemic when everyone gave her shit for it haha

falafelmywaffle and David Parke like this.
  18. It is!

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

both Phoebes working together is so powerful
    also Paul :hearteyes: and the dog :hearteyes::hearteyes:

20. BoldTitan

Trusted

I can't seem to get the link to work

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

22. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

It’s actually on Facebook only I think. “Exclusively on Facebook watch”. It will be on other platforms later I’m assuming, FB just got it early

falafelmywaffle and coleslawed like this.
  23. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

It’s also really fucking good. The part after he steals the car I was thinking “where’s the dog?”and then the drums hit like a jump scare when the dog turned and I thought that was hilarious

David Parke likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

For the 3rd or 4th year a row Phoebe has made by top 5 artists of the year on my year end Spotify review!

RyanPm40 likes this.