Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers – Stranger In The Alps • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Saephon

Regular

Late to the party, but finally listening to this. I kept seeing the beautiful album art in people's pictures on instagram haha.
    This record is beautiful and clearly meant for Fall listening. It's also occupying the space in my heart that is reserved for Copeland while they work on their next LP.

Bartek T. likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So is Phoebe a "new album every eighteen months" kind of artist? I kind of get that vibe from her. Or maybe I'm just hoping?

3. ale5875

Regular

Well, she only released one, so who knows! Also, her previous EP was released like 2 years ago.

4. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Yeah I was gonna say...but hypothetically, I think she's seeing more and more traction with Stranger In The Alps as time passes. She's making almost all EOTY lists with publications in both America and the UK and consequently more and more people are paying attention finally, so I'd expect more touring of this album though to mid-late 2018 in bigger venues in at least USA and UK to happen before writing and recording of another album occurs.

5. Tom Lee Dec 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2017)
    Tom Lee

Regular

Been feeling very low over the past week or so, and have been listening to this album on repeat. It's quickly risen to one of my favourites this year. Recorded a little home cover of Killer last night, if anyone would like to hear it!

thesoftskeleton and Turkeylegz like this.
  6. Wall Of Arms

Really hope you're doing okay. Just think of the other side - you've felt low before and been strong enough to get through to a place you felt more evened out, so you'll manage it again. And if recording great covers like this helps - crack on mate.

7. Tom Lee

Regular

I really appreciate the kind words. I'm at a relapse, and it doesn't mean I've taken a step back. Keep moving forward, even if it's failing forward. Fantastic write-up by the way, loved reading it!

8. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Just found out about Phoebe and similar to what's going on with @Tom Lee, it hit at an emotionally rough time and now it's on repeat, but it's also kind of the perfect time given how emotionally saturated her songs are. The songwriting is just fucking incredible. Can't believe she's not more well known. Hopefully 2018 is her year.

Also, gotta give credit to Lee Corey Oswald for the intro. They just posted a cover of Smoke Signals: Smoke Signals (Phoebe Bridgers cover), by Lee Corey Oswald

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  9. Wall Of Arms

Of course. If you ever wanna vent or chat feel free to DM on here. Hope you're feeling even slightly better today! Thank you! that means a lot.

Hope you're good too and I'm glad you're able to connect to this.

Will check this cover out, @thesoftskeleton and I did a collab cover for the Chorus member compilations not too long ago if anybody is interested too her vocals made it:

thesoftskeleton and Tom Lee like this.