Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PHNTMS – “Heat of the Moment”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pop rock band, PHNTMS, have returned with a new, vibrant single called “Heat of the Moment” that features The Chain Gang of 1974. The new song was produced by Courtney Ballard (Grayscale, Armor for Sleep) and is dripping with dark synths, paired with vocals by Kamtin Mohager (of The Chain Gang of 1974). What PHNTMS do best on this track is pay direct homage to 80’s electronica bands with a twist of modern flair in the guitar parts to keep things feeling fresh.

The song opens with syrupy-thick synths before breaking away into a great guitar riff by Adam Jessamine. The second verse of, “So when did love become so deceiving? / Something I can’t define / You’re playing tricks in my mind / Face it, we are simply just human / And this is not apathy / Just let me go and get high / Oh my my,” tackles the difficulties of navigating a one-sided relationship. The anthemic chorus is well-constructed, and if the song has any faults, it’s that it ends too soon. “Heat of the Moment” is sure to be stuck in your mind for days on end.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Songs dope as hell, wish cg did more upbeat stuff in this vein (as much as I love cg)

paythetab likes this.