Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phish Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by WordsfromaSong, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Show of the summer so far, easily.

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Started my summer tour last night in Camden (2 Camden, 2 Merriweather, all of Curveball). Didn't love the song selection in S2 and thought S1 had a good amount of flubs in the composed sections, but damn, the highs were high. Down With Disease went very deep (around 25 minutes) with a Mike-led dark swamp funk jam, Light got into a great bliss space, Mike's had a little extra mustard and 46 Days was the easy first set winner. Excited for tonight!

3. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Free webcast

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Jesus, last night was an absolute massacre.

WordsfromaSong likes this.
  5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Good times at MPP.

Drewski likes this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I had a pretty surreal and chilling moment last night during the show, which I attended solo. Finally after 60 shows I got that Curtain With I was chasing, and Trey is just absolutely nailing the composed section. For a few seconds I closed my eyes, and I could have sworn I was floating off somewhere, a total out-of-body experience. I could hear nothing but Trey's playing, and every note felt like a brushstroke, putting out all kinds of color even with my eyes shut. I felt completely and totally isolated from the entire world, as if I was sitting there watching the show totally alone. I had a massive lump in my throat this entire time.

I don't know, that probably all sounds crazy...but that was such a good example of IT, the thing we chase every time we go to a Phish show.

For the record, I wasn't on any hard stuff haha.

7. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Only my 9th show but that Curtain With was probably the highlight of both nights for me. Beautiful stuff.

Drewski likes this.
  8. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

So bummer about Curveball, have some buddies who made the drive up there only to have this happen. Really sucks for everyone involved, can't imagine how it must feel for the band too.

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ugh, it still hurts. I was driving my crew and we were 4 hours into the drive and only about an hour out from the festival when we got the news. Feels surreal.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

11. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Best band ever. No other artist would go to such lengths just to mess with their fans.

Drewski likes this.
  12. radiodead

Trusted

Wow. That’s absolutely amazing!

Drewski likes this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I'm in New York, so I realllllllyyyyy tried to make it through the entire costume set but conked out at around 1:45 AM as Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S. was starting (those cube lights were badass!). The entire buildup once the Phishbill went online was absolutely hysterical. People digging through the Wayback Machine, all the confusion, all the guessing...just so much fun.

Just finished spinning the soundboard of it though. I'd love to see a few of these songs make the regular rotation a la Chilling Thrilling. I think Death Don't Hurt Very Long (mmm, swampy funk!) and Cool Amber and Mercury will make awesome jam vehicles.

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@phishfromtheroad is dropping some incredible shots today.

upload_2018-11-1_16-17-23.png

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

16. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Just noticed that, what a cool thing for them to do.

17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I am really excited to see how/if these songs turn into legit jam vehicles, because they all have something to love. I think my three favorites are Turtle In The Clouds, Death Don't Hurt Very Long and Cool Amber and Mercury.

But damn...Play By Play, S.A.N.T.O.S., We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains are all right there. It's all just so damn fun and Phish-y.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

19. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Trey and Fish have a new band

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

What a great NYE run. 29th and 30th, especially the 29th, was truly something else.

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

22. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Fresh dates

Ken likes this.
  23. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

still not that into phish (someone made me listen to the amsterdam release which i dug but haven't returned to) but i feel like i should be subbed here in solidarity. I also listened to Mike's solo album because my guy Scott Murawski played guitar on it and co wrote a bunch of it

25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@Wharf Rat What kind of jam style tickles your fancy? Phish has a few distinct eras: Machine Gun Trey (early and mid 90's), cow funk (late 90's), the "Oxy Years" (early 2000s), full band textures (2010 and on).

Wharf Rat likes this.