Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phish Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by WordsfromaSong, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Who's better than Phish? Look at these tickets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surfwax likes this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anyone have summer tour plans? Will be doing Dick's and I currently have tickets for these nights of the Baker's Dozen:

7/21
    7/22
    7/23
    7/25
    7/26
    7/28

3. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Man, I don't even know what to say about last night. You go to so many shows and then you just get hit with a 30 minute Lawn Boy, a five-song first set, a 33 minute Crosseyed...

Fucking Phish.

5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Very jealous of my friends who were there last night.

6. Yea I heard last night was pretty awesome. Jam filled donut night.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It is always amazing how Phish fans are so quickly able to grasp the context and insider language of a moment. Right when the band didn't go back into the final chorus of Sample in a Jar for the opener and started jamming instead, the place went nuts. Trey had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face. Little did we know there was so much slaughter to come.

This is obviously still very fresh, but I am not sure how this is not a top three 3.0 show. Magna 2 is there and so is FUCK YOUR FACE Dick's set, IMO.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So I was super salty about set 1 last night apart from the "Gumbo" but then..."Tube" happened. The 2nd longest one ever in fact. From there the show took a completely amazing u-turn. 1999 bustout with a sick jam (!), cool ambient and blissful steam and even a little hijinks in the Zero. Hell yeah..

Re-listening to Tuesday's show for the first time and man, this holds up. I just don't even have a face after this Lawn Boy. I still can't comprehend it.

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Have currently hit 8 of the 10 Baker's Dozen shows and am still aiming for 11 of 13...that would make Sunday night my 50th show! That being said, this Saturday's ticket is maybe the hardest to get Phish ticket I've ever come across and I am rapidly losing hope. Oh well. Fans are playing with house money at this point whether at the venue or couch touring from this absolutely historic and unprecedented run.

"Jam-filled" night still my favorite!

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hit 11 of the 13 Baker's Dozen shows and I really don't have the words to describe what an incredible experience this entire run was. So many incredible and dynamic jams, slick bustouts (IZABELLA!?), funny gags and inventive debuts.

Last night was also my 50th show total, and I couldn't help but feel mushy and lucky that I'm alive at the same time as this band and thankful for all the friends I've made through them. I had a few tears running down my face during one of Simple's 3-4 peaks last night.

We do in fact have it simple, guys. Cause we've got a band.

12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Came to Colorado for Dick's. How about that Carini last night? All timer.

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Happy Halloween from one of the spookier jams ever.

WordsfromaSong likes this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was invited by a friend to go seen Ween tonight (Halloween night) - I understand they have some sort of link to Phish?!?!

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Um...yes and no. There is a lot of fan crossover and they embody some of the same defining characteristics: virtuoso guitar work and instrumentation, a medley of diverse musical styles, bizarre and inscrutable lyrics, and setlist diversity. For about 15~ years Phish has been covering "Roses Are Free" by Ween (see below for the 2/28/2003 version, considered one of the best Phish jams of all time) but Ween, as far as I know, has never acknowledged it or covered Phish...or when they have acknowledged Phish it has been uh, not so nice.

suicidesaints likes this.
  16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha. Yeah, my buddy, who invited me to the Ween show and is a huge Ween fan, showed me a video where Ween was playing at a Phish festival and the crowd was NOT into it. I guess it was all part of the bit, but being un-familiarized with it, I was kind of confused. I guess Ween aren't really into Phish (or their fans), but Phish fans may have gravitated towards Ween because of the "Roses are Free" cover?

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I apologize. I honestly wasn't trying to make a jab at Phish or their fans. Ween is new to me.

Just read this off the Ween website...

Does Phish really cover Roses are free?
    Yes. This was a pivotal moment for Ween as it changed their audience almost overnight to smelly, dirty rotten scumbag hippies. On the upside, Ween, from that moment on became a mainstay at Jam oriented festivals where they were clearly the best band on the bill and were paid significantly more money than they had throughout their history. Many fans are still butthurt about this and the mere mention of Phish’s name sends Ween fans into uncontrollable anger. This is an endless source of laughter to Ween.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Oh, no need to apologize. I think the bands, particularly Ween, just have this weird, half-serious, half-joking fun with it because both fanbases are crazy—really jam band fans are in general.

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Right on. I just didn't mean to throw shade one way or another. I find it funny if nothing else.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Drewski likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hitting the four NYE shows put me at 18 Phish shows in 2017 after doing 16 in 2016 (now at 57 total). RIP my wallet.

Larry David likes this.
  22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Got bored last night and decided to separate Phish tickets from other tickets. Then decided to separate the PTBMs.

[​IMG]

23. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Thank God we're getting a proper summer tour. Raleigh + MPP for me

Tours

Drewski likes this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I still think we get a festy on top of this too.

DEFINITE
    Fest 11
    Camden

VERY LIKELY
    MPP

FUCK, THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL
    Gorge

25. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Thread needs jams

Drewski likes this.