Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Philadelphia Thread • Page 20

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by screamoutmyname, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

It’s like a black and white sticker, various sizes, of a child, probably younger than 10, very androgynous, and it’s all over the place. Honestly seems like it could be black metal artwork. I’ll try and grab a pic next chance I see one. I bet you’ll know it if you see it lol

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hahaha I have no idea, post it when you see it.

3. itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

It sounds like you are describing the "Anti Flower Show Movement" Here's a link to a Billy Penn article: https://bit.ly/2QcmKAV

Looks like some sort of clothing brand or something along those lines.

EDIT: to include image, to see if we're talking the same thing[​IMG]

Cody likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Interesting, I've never seen that before

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I see that all over, had no idea what that was haha.

itsmesean0630 likes this.
  6. Cody

We’re playing a show at Ortlieb’s next Saturday night if anybody wants to go!! I’ll buy any choruser a drink who shows up. Looking like we may sell out and would fucking love to make that happen…

Grocer with Tangled Up

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. Cody

Less than five tickets left!! My offer to buy a drink or NA drink absolutely still applies

8. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Moving into a bigger apt in QV from Old City next week. Could not be more excited.

sophos34 and uuu like this.
  9. rank & roast my inaugural philly visit (not counting a grade school trip where all i remember is the bell, the steps, and some hotel tomfoolery):

got in saturday evening; got out monday afternoon

saturday
    union transfer for mewithoutyou
    juno

sunday
    phillies game
    monks
    union transfer for mewithoutyou round II

monday
    cheesesteak at dalessandros

-both shows were amazing and UT was a nice room
    -didn’t know anything about juno it was just across the street from the venue, had a decent sign, and was open post-gig. solid tacos and marg
    -phillies game was fun. nice park. got some federal donuts and shake shack there
    -mussels at monks were as advertised but the fries and dipping sauce might have honestly stolen the show
    -the steak was a near-spiritual experience lol. wild some people don’t get whiz on it

any specific things i should focus on for next time i’m in town?

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Good choices. Get a better steak next time.

11. i think i had one or two of your recs from the thread bookmarked that maybe didn’t work out due to location or they weren’t open. any newer faves or you think you’re probably standing by what you’ve already posted?

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah you could do a better steak. UT, Monks, Phillies game all fuck. Holy hell that sounds like an exhausting weekend

SEANoftheDEAD and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  13. yeah plus the drive back to ohio yesterday, definitely not my most focused work day ever

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hmmm I forget what I said before but:
    Steve’s
    Angelos
    Joe’s (Torresdale if you can)

there is a lot of buzz for Curlys out in the burbs as well as Delco steaks, but I haven’t had either. Also havent had John’s Roast Pork yet but people love it.

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I used to live near Juno but never tried it because they opened during COVID and were always booked when things got safer.

Always looked cool tho. Loved that neighborhood. There's a spot near there called Sazon which is unbelievably good. The breweries Roy Pitz, Triple Bottom, and Love City are also great (Roy Pitz being my fav).

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  16. Going to tequilas on Friday

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Love love love Tequilas

spiffa0 likes this.
  18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Hit up the zoo this past weekend... dino exhibit was cool but way too short and way too hot lol. Hit up Imprint brewing on the way home, so that's a plus.

OhTheWater likes this.
  19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alt 1045 is doing emo-ween weekend all weekend lol

21. Cody

My band is opening for Rolling Blackouts CF at Underground Arts this weekend! If people are already going, you should show up early ;)

Matthewconte likes this.
  22. Cody

Night Channels and gonz (Alex) like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Night Channels likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The fightin’s guy is so annoying