Philadelphia Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by screamoutmyname, Apr 5, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the kids in my classroom in DE were going wild because it suddenly got dark and snowed very hard haha

SEANoftheDEAD and ikanacanyon like this.
  2. OotyPa

sustain

didn't know this was a thread but here i am in this jawn

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

my wife is from New York and looked took her years to get used to me saying jawn.

I feel like the word is nationwide now thanks to rap music but yet i still meet people here and there that don’t know it

4. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ride

didnt even know jawn was a philly thing for the longest time lol

5. Cody

Trusted Prestigious

putting together a march residency at ortlieb's on wednesdays for anyone who's interested. the shows are free with the budget going to charities decided on by the bands; there's also going to be games and interviews and giveaways and my band's going to attempt to cover songs by all the bands we're having on. so yeah, should be a fun time.

3/11 we somehow landed bethlehem steel and washer so be sure to stop out for that one.

j0hnnyrt, Tom, Chuck! and 2 others like this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@Cody sounds like fun!

anyone ever go to Milkboy for a show? Ive never been - whats it like?

7. Chuck!

It's chaos; be kind.

I like it. But it's a very narrow space, so if a show is sold out, it can kind of suck if you don't get a decent spot towards the stage

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This is exactly the info I was looking for. Theres a show Friday Im interested in going to but wouldn't be able to get there til late. Thanks!

Chuck! likes this.
  9. Cody

Trusted Prestigious

man johnny brenda's is really the best place