Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Philadelphia Thread • Page 16

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by screamoutmyname, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure it's technically Fishtown

2. chris.tina

Hey, anyone have suggestions for finding roommates in the Fishtown/Kensington area? I've tried craigslist, but haven't had much luck...

3. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

chris.tina likes this.
  4. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Tired Hands is putting in a restaurant (St. Oner's) right across the street from their biergarten in Kensington.

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

ah, good old wavy arms

6. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Nice, that's like, a hundred feet from me.

7. Same- stoked on this

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Moving out here by June 1st and cannot wait

Matthewconte and Mister Lyrical like this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Nice. What area?

10. Cody

not sure yet! still scouting around. suggestions? west side is up there, spring garden area maybe (where my partner just moved), but also maybe e passyunk/queen village? there's a chance i'll be going on tour for a month the second i get there, so i might just sublet and couch surf until i get my shit figured out closer to july. i'm not picky, as long as it's not minnesota lol

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hell yeah baby

12. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

That's funny I have two separate friends who live here that are from Minnesota.

13. Cody

u got a 3rd if u want it :eh:

14. Cody

where am i best gonna be able to park this damn van? where would i be least annoying as a drummer/be around the highest density of diy music and diy music-adjacent people and things?

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Move to northeast philly

16. Cody

ne, you say. that's where my gf's at but tbh that seemed like the least sensible spot in terms of like being in a band? but maybe i'm full of shit, i, as we all know, am currently in minnesota

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Eh. I was born/raised/live in the northeast and it’s cheap and you can get to the city pretty quickly, depending if you want a house or apt. Fishtown/nolibs where most of the culture is has already been gobbled up and is super expensive. Plus no parking

18. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

There's plenty of street parking in most of Fishtown and East Kensington, just not really on any of the main drags.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  19. Cody

Nvm driving out on April 30th. Landing in Point Breeze for May with the band I’m playing w for easy practicing and to help find my bearings. A month of actually being in the city should really help me find out where I want to be living more kaiser permanently

Matthewconte likes this.
  20. Cody

Also going to the Hikes/Delta Sleep show on 4/20 at first Unitarian and can’t wait for that either.

Matthewconte likes this.
  21. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Moving here from California by the end of the year. Pay $2,500 for a 1 bed here so anything over there looks hella cheap.

j0hnnyrt and Cody like this.
  22. Cody

Wow I really love it here lol. So approachable despite its size

j0hnnyrt and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  23. Cody

are there any good online cultural resources for me to keep tabs on? specifically a concert calendar but ultimately any sort of “social roundup” thrillist-type blogs are welcomed

Also, saw that Orville peck show at boot and saddle last night. Goddamn. Sixteen Jackies opened and they are stellar

24. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Cody likes this.
  25. In addition to uwishunu, Concert Calendar and the philadelphia reddit are helpful!

Cody and ikanacanyon like this.