Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PGA/LPGA Golf Discussion Thread • Page 26

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Mar 31, 2016.

1. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Phil is such a knob.

He must be in deep to some sharks. I can’t wait to read the two books about him coming out.

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Which two books? I'm only seeing the one.

3. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Uh oh

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think a bigger deal is being made about that than is necessary tbh

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  5. Silentjury

Regular

Rahm won yesterday despite not making a putt. It was a very weak field in an inaugural event but still nice to see Rahm get rewarded for being so consistent.

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Rahm is worlds more interesting to me than Scottie will ever be.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I love rahm bc hes like me, he bitches after every shot he takes lol

Texas Flood likes this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wtf man

Sean Murphy likes this.
  9. Silentjury

Regular

PGA Championship week. Southern Hills looks absolutely majestic and it will be interesting to see how it fares with some unseasonably cold weather in the forecast for the weekend.

Can't ask for a better group than Woods, Spieth and McIlroy. I was high on Rory heading into the week, but he has admitted not liking the craziness that surrounds playing with Tiger. Scheffler, Morikawa, Spieth and Matsuyama are my contenders for the trophy.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

think Scottie is gonna keep the streak going. would like to see Brooks compete through the weekend, he has been suspiciously bad and went very radio silent after the Masters missed cut.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

its kinda crazy that daly is allowed to use a cart at all these events? lol

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Maybe Im wrong but I thought he still had cancer. That could be the reason?

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

Texas Flood and Sean Murphy like this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

He looked dreadful today, not just performance wise. He looked like he was in so much pain. Really hope this isnt the end for him.

jorbjorb likes this.
  15. Silentjury

Regular

Unless he suffers a tremendous setback he will be at St. Andrews in July. I think he will skip Brookline next month just so he doesn't jeopardize his chances of playing The Open. The unseasonably cold weather at Augusta and Southern Hills didn't help him this year so I don't want to write him off yet but it just doesn't look good out there. I know St. Andrews is an easier walk but it's not as if Scotland is a haven of warm weather so not sure if he will do much better. Ideal scenario is that his body holds up and he grits out a respectable finish at his favorite course.

Interesting day ahead. I think Mito has the moxie to hold onto the lead but if Zalatatoris makes some putts--which is a big question mark--then it could be in play for Will. Also, Fitzpatrick loves playing in these conditions so he has a chance. I really thought Justin Thomas would make a move yesterday, but I'm starting to wonder if he is headed down the path of Rory of seeing his best days at the majors behind him.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Zalatoris imploding. Watching for Cam Young to chase Mito down the stretch. He looks like he could really be on the cusp of becoming a fixture.

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is going to be a great back 9 to watch, it's been too long since I've watched a major Sunday

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Man if these guys let JT catch them theyre all done

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

objects in mirror are closer than they appear

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow Pereira just fucked himself with that tee shot on 18

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh Mito

lets go Willy Z

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

John Lopiano likes this.
  23. Silentjury

Regular

Looks like I missed quite the exciting back nine but it was worth it to take my nephew golfing for the first time. He drained a couple 15-20 foot putts so maybe he's the next JT.

I'm so glad I don't gamble because I thought JT was out of it. I feel really bad for Mito, but he proved his classiness by doing an interview right after and not in his native language. I'm not sure he'll ever get this close again in a major, but I don't think the same can be said for Zalatoris. He'll be around for quite awhile.

John Lopiano likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah watching Pereira felt a lot like watching Theegala at the Waste Management. might not see much more of him but he still gave us a fun weekend of golf. Zalatoris is so good especially when you keep thinking he looks like an 18 year old Owen Wilson.

John Lopiano and fredwordsmith like this.
  25. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Just got back from a week at Bandon Dunes. An absolute bucket list trip I would tell anyone even vaguely interested in golf to do at least once in their life. Unparalleled scenery and variety in courses despite being only a mile or so apart at each turn. I also won our group in-game, so my view is decidedly rose-colored on the week.

Then we all got home and 6/12 of us got COVID. All first timers and thankfully all mild so far. Masked on plane rides but went without once we hit the property, which is I’m sure what did it.

John Lopiano likes this.