Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PGA/LPGA Golf Discussion Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Mar 31, 2016.

1. I still don't know why they changed it to a 9.

2. Only 3 players shot under par today. Just crazy. Weekend should be great.

3. Rory sitting one back scares me.

4. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

This is the type of golf tournament I love watching. I don't want to watch everyone light it up in the low 60s, I want to watch the best of the best scrambling around the golf course just trying to shoot even par.

thechrisformat likes this.
  5. Rough finish for Spieth on 18. Dustin's only 3 strokes back, hoping he can pull it off tomorrow.

6. Finishing +3 on the last two holes is not good. Hopefully Spieth can bounce back early tomorrow.

7. Masters Sunday! I'm excited for today. I hope Spieth can hold on for the win but after 17 and 18 yesterday, this is anyone's tournament.

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm definitely pulling for Speith today!

9. kidwithhelmet

I can't believe what I'm watching right now.

10. What the...

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

What's happening? I had to step out for a bit.

12. @ChiliTacos Spieth found the water twice on 12 after a bogey on 10 and a bogey on 11. He's dropping to 4th place.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yikessss

14. I don't think he can bounce back from this 3 hole stretch. Only 6 holes left.

15. kidwithhelmet

After having his ball roll back into the water he then chunked his provisional back into the water. I've never seen anything like it.

16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I'm not the biggest on golf but this is a hell of a day to watch

17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Spieth's still got a shot...but man, to choke it away on 10-12 like that is brutal.

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

He needed to make that birdy put. No chance now.

19. I thought, and I'm sure everyone probably thought, the jacket was his after the front 9. And then the meltdown. This one is going to haunt him for a while.

20. kidwithhelmet

Ughhhh he's gotta pass the jacket on after this collapse ughhhhhhhhhhhh

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I feel so bad for Jordan.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

The Green Jacket presentation has to be my favorite tradition in sports. So classy.

23. bencoles

GLOW ON

Cursing my brother who won big money from backing Willett. Poor old Jordan.

24. I still can't believe what happened yesterday.

25. kidwithhelmet

Entered one of these for the first time through someone at work. $10 entry, pick 4 players (through a variety of different player pools so you can't just stock up on the best bets). Your worst golfer gets dropped off, so it's based off your overall score with the remaining 3. Idk how common this format is at all so maybe I'm stating the obvious. They were expecting like 200 entries and got 650, so the pot was huge.

My foursome was Willett / Rose / Scott... and at the very last second I swapped out Westwood for Keegan fucking Bradley. The winner was at -6 so I would have split the pot with him. So god damn disgusted with myself.

I only remembered to share this just now, because I noticed my original entry form on my desktop that still included Westwood. Ugh.