Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PGA/LPGA Golf Discussion Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Hope this actually happens.

2. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

I've been holding out hope that golf can be the first sport back. I'm not going to let myself be overly optimistic, but it seems like it would be easiest to practice good distancing. The only people that need to be within 6 feet of each other at any point would be the golfer and their caddy. That's obviously the easiest starting point, you still have to take into account the risk of infection on flagsticks, rakes for the bunkers, the clubhouse and its workers, etc. etc.

But it still seems like it would be easier logistically than football or basketball with all the physical contact or baseball with the sheer number of players and staff needed for arenas/stadiums to run. Anything to break up this monotony would certainly be welcome.

Brent likes this.
  3. ClarettsGreyGoose

Me: "Gotta figure out flagsticks"

Less than an hour later, my local sports radio station RTs this:

4. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I took work off next monday so that I can finally go golfing.
    I dont even care if the weather is shitty,I just need to be outside.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk if any courses around me are even open but i considered ordering a net that i can set up outside out in our common area just to be able to swing a club again lol

6. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Well I live in Iowa and our Governor refuses to do a state wide lockdown. So they are all open here.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Youtube has the final round of last years’ Masters hell yeah

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

God Tiger’s comeback last year was so crazy, he played so badly the first like 6 holes

jorbjorb likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

very excited to watch 4 straight days of live PGA golf haha

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. ClarettsGreyGoose

As someone who has really just started paying attention to the game more often (I used to just pay attention to majors and maybe the other big name ones here and there)....

Can someone who knows more than me explain Harold Varner? I feel like he was putting up low rounds on Thursday/Friday pretty frequently before everything stopped but then he would just fade away over the weekend. Is he just one of those guys that can't play 4 consistent rounds or what

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty much, for a guy who has been pro for 8 years he doesn't have much to show, he's been cut 3 of the 5 times he played in a major, has one or two international wins, but he's looked great so far this week, maybe this will be a turnaround for him.

bummed to see John Rahm miss the cut, and presumably Fowler as well. Brooks hasn't played his best but he's still hanging around.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

What a strange week/tournament haha, devastating 17 for Xander.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh

14. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I’m not a good golfer at all but I enjoy going. This weekend I went with two friends and the front nine was much of the same, lots of balls in the woods and lots of kicking it from the trees into the fairway. BUT... on a ~130-yard par 3, I hit a 9-iron off the tee and I was this close to an ace. Then holes 10-14, I was crushing it. And then I went back to sucking to finish the round. But I won’t hit a shot this good ever again in my life.

Attached Files:

ChrisCantWrite and Texas Flood like this.
  15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Played the same course twice within one week.....shot an 87 one round and a 103 the other. Talk about inconsistent......

John Lopiano likes this.
  16. John Lopiano

And this is why we love golf lol

Texas Flood and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  17. ClarettsGreyGoose

Screenshot_20200711-172620.png Switched in Louis Oosthuizen ($8100) for Jason Day ($8000) last minute in Showdown this morning. Day shot a -3. As of right now, this cost me $65 in winnings. I'm a clown.

John Lopiano likes this.
  18. John Lopiano

I was going to bet on Hovland this week but I decided to go with Champ top five and Hadwin top five. Both have imploded while Hovland is living his best life.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I gotta say

the way golf channel and pga tour live handle broadcasting for these things

it is absolutely infuriating

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit what a group

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man tiger looked so good yesterday and is just falling apart today.

22. John Lopiano

Another week, another Finau chokejob.

23. ClarettsGreyGoose

Puerto Rico Open Curse strikes again. I did see he parted ways with his long time caddie after this too

John Lopiano likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol wow

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

me, yesterday: not gonna play brooks in daily this week - he's just been too unpredictable

brooks today: co-leader at -5

[​IMG]

John Lopiano likes this.