Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PGA/LPGA Golf Discussion Thread • Page 12

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Mar 31, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Awesome.

2. T.J.

music and baseball.

Tiger! Tiger!

3. One of those iconic shots we’re gonna see forever.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yess Tiger!!!

5. dotKev

@dotkevin

Not gonna lie, as a parent, I got a little choked up watching him embrace his son. Awesome moment.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Amazing.

7. dotKev

@dotkevin

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Classicccc

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

then this

dotKev and jorbjorb like this.
  10. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Happy for Tiger. I honestly didn’t think Molinari would have the bad breaks that he got today.

And that’s why I love this game.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

truly one of the best sports moments of the decade. incredible.

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

I'm hyped now. Taking off Wednesday to go play.

Texas Flood and jorbjorb like this.
  13. whoa look who it is

jorbjorb and phaynes12 like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

jorbjorb and DaydreamNation like this.
  15. I cried today.

Brent likes this.
  16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Fantastic win for Tiger. What a tournament.

17. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I haven't really followed golf since I quit playing as a teenager but dammit, I got chills when I saw that Tiger was Master's Champion once again.

Texas Flood likes this.
  18. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Today was fun. Ended up losing my pool with friends by one stroke (easiest one to blame is Webb Simpson lipping out at the end) but man was that fun having all those power names at the top of the leaderboard. I was salivating at the thought of a playoff with some combination of Tiger, Koepka, Schauffele, DJ and Finau if they all ended up at -12

jorbjorb and Texas Flood like this.
  19. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I put money on Finau and Koepka and I was really excited to see them right there on Sunday. But on that back nine once Tiger started putting it all together, I was rooting so much more for him to finish it, haha. What a moment for him and his kids. I would not be in any way shocked at this point if he shows up at the rest of the majors.

I also had one of those moments watching those final three or four holes where I realized that we truly are seeing some truly incredible golf right now. There are so many spectacular golfers to watch who are young and exciting.

Texas Flood and jorbjorb like this.
  20. ClarettsGreyGoose

Absolutely cannot decide who to pick for my pool for this week. Need to pick 2 out of 3 for each of these groups:

Tony Finau, Tommy Fleetwood, Patrick Cantlay
    Webb Simpson, Sergio Garcia, Gary Woodland

21. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I like Cantlay/Finau. Honestly dont really like the guys below. If I had to choose, I'd go with Simpson/Sergio

22. ClarettsGreyGoose

That's how I'm leaning for the first group too but I am having a hard time quitting Fleetwood for some reason. I am getting this feeling that if I swap him for Finau, this will be where he goes off and Finau puts up a dud.

Tiered pool so yeah I have to take then. I mean, there's other options on the tier(Leishman, Oosthuizen, Kisner, Poulter, amongst others) but I've narrowed it down to those 3.

23. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Fleetwood burned me pretty bad during the Masters, so I can’t help but be alittle weary of him this time.

As much as I can’t stand Poulter, I actually picked him in my works 5 player pool.

24. ClarettsGreyGoose

Yeah he burned me in April as well. Here's what I have so far. Best 4 count.

#1: Koepka, Schauffele, Cantlay, Simpson. Matsuyama and Aaron Wise from "the field".

#2: Rory, Rahm, Finau/Fleetwood, Sergio, Lucas Glover and Keegan Bradley from "the field"

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

For my pool, it was pick one from each tier and two in the final tier. I went with:

Brooks Koepka
    Tony Finau
    Bubba Watson
    Jimmy Walker
    Beau Hossler
    Patton Kizzire

jorbjorb likes this.