Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PGA/LPGA Golf Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ChrisCantWrite, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

For the golfers out there..if there are any.

Masters is right around the corner!

2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm always excited for the majors. Kind of fall out with the in-between tournaments though. Masters is close to home, so it's always exciting around here.

3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'd absolutely love to make it to Augusta sometime. Have you ever actually attended?

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Never attended, but I'd love to. My boss has been 9, yes, 9 times! He previously designed golf courses though, so he's got an inside track.

5. This is Dustin Johnson's year... hopefully.

6. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

I would love to see Rickie Fowler have another big year

7. Jason Day is still really hot so it'll be interesting to see how he plays next week at Augusta.

8. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

9 times is insane! But not surprising given his career.

9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yea I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm a Spieth guy partly due to his family's ties to my hometown, but he's really been dropping the ball lately. Fun to watch, regardless.

10. I was fortunate enough to go to round 2 last year. It was unreal. Such a gorgeous course. I was able to watch Speith for a few holes. And Tiger was in a group either with him or right near him, I can't remember. So it was cool to see him too even though he wasn't impressive that day.

11. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

That's incredible, good for you! Was that the day Tiger got a limp wrist from driving his head into a tree root? Looked awful.

12. Yeah I think so. I didn't see it though.

13. Will Tiger win another event? I'm not talking a major, just any other tournament. I want to believe that he will but things are not looking good.

14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I think he'll eventually have a major comeback, but he's got plenty of young competition and he's certainly not getting any younger. I don't wish him any ill will, but I hope this experience humbles him.

15. I hope these experiences make him more human. He's one of my favorite athletes but he's such a robot and can be difficult to support him sometimes.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Totally agree. I've never been a fan of how he handles fans on the course. The guy shows zero emotion. I guess some would consider that a benefit, but I don't buy into that.

17. Maybe it's just me, but seeing guys like Mickelson score triple bogeys always makes me feel a little bit better about my game.

18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

@thechrisformat Trust me, it's not just you hahah. The difference is, generally, guys like us don't follow up a triple with a bird. :thumbdown:

19. So many big names flying up the leaderboard today.

20. Spieth started out on fire and then tanked hard. I think he's going to struggle this week at the Masters. His mental game seems off.

21. reedard

Spieth is a great players, but he's a worm. He pisses me off. No personality.

Golf is the greatest sport in the world (next to WWE) and if you disagree, don't. What sport can you play when you're 8 or 88? GOLF.

We need some energy in the tour. Let dudes lighten up. It's golf for God's sake. I'd kill to be in their position.

22. I don't get why The Masters doesn't have wire to wire TV coverage.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

ooooooooooof i just saw the Ernie Ells 10 on the first hole. I'd probably cry if something like that happened to me. The tournament is over for you after 1 hole because you had a mental breakdown on the green.

24. Bubba and Day having a rough back 9.

25. reedard

A 7 putt!

Hard to watch when someone physically has the yips.