Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pete Wentz Debuts Apple Music Radio Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pete Wentz is launching Loud and Sad Radio on Apple Music. The full press release is below.

Award-winning musician, lyricist, entrepreneur, label owner and dad Pete Wentz today launches 'Loud and Sad Radio' — a brand new show airing every Monday on Apple Music Hits. 

Loud and Sad Radio will feature a weekly collection of music, ideas, interests and off the wall randomness that represents the epitome of Pete, including movies, emo, rap, punk rock, classic rock, sneakers, bad jokes, dad jokes, Twitter ephemera, and beyond. Pete will bring the songs of the past to the forefront with a relevant lens and a sharp wit. He’ll also welcome guests to discuss the latest Tom Cruise leaked audio but play nothing but soundtrack hits. Never serious, sometimes irreverent, Loud and Sad Radio is a radio experience delivered like only he can.

Best known as lyricist and bassist for multi-platinum, GRAMMY-Award nominated band Fall Out Boy, multi-hyphenate Pete Wentz has used his foothold in emo and punk to build a following all his own through his various creative pursuits. Now he adds Radio Host to that mix, with the launch of Loud and Sad Radio on Apple Music Hits. 

On the premiere episode, Wentz explains the premise of the show: “You’ve really got to think about this as moments meeting from divergent courses, somewhere in the realm of the TV showCurb Your Enthusiasm meets the movie Drive. And this is what Loud and Sad Radio is… It doesn't have to be loud and it doesn't have to be sad, but there's some things that just have that vibe. Loud and sad is a vibe to me." 

Tune in to episode one of Loud and Sad Radio for Wentz’ musings on soundtrack assassins, the merits of Caddyshack 2, Kim Kardashian’s appearance in Fall Out Boy’s 2007 music video “Thnks fr th Mmrs”, Erewhon merch, the undeniable power of Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”, the best Batman, plus music from The Weeknd, Arctic Monkeys, Kenny Loggins, Paramore, Metallica, Linkin Park, and more. 

Listen to Loud and Sad Radio live for free on Mondays at 4:00p PST on Apple Music Hits beginning today (4/12) or anytime on-demand at apple.co/_LoudAndSad. 
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Kaduck

Regular

I’ll be checking this out. I like After School Radio with Mark Hoppus. Good to play when I’m discing or doing some homework at the desk.

3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Mark Hoppus' show is eminently listenable, mostly because he's been doing things like this for 25 years and seems like a pro. I hope Pete can translate his energy into this.