Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pet Symmetry Cancel December Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pet Symmetry have dropped off their upcoming show with the following message on Facebook:

Hey y’all, Marcus from Pet Sym here. We will be dropping off of the Dec 30th show at Metro. This was a decision made by Erik and I. Pet Symmetry’s mission statement as a band is “to have as much fun as possible.” Right now this band is not fun for me.

My sincerest apologies to anyone who was hoping to see us perform. I’m gonna take a long walk around the block, maybe I’ll see y’all later.

Try your best to be good to others, and most importantly, be good to yourself

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean, they cancelled it because of evan weiss's problematic comments/victim blaming

TearsofaClone and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. Saephon

Regular

Plot twist: CSWAPPO is Evan! /s

CSWAPPO likes this.
  4. CSWAPPO

Regular

I Ment that i am not having fun anymore.....

5. CSWAPPO

Regular

Yeah, I figured. What a shame right?

6. The Format

Regular

Sincerely not trying to troll here or anything because i don't think anyone except those who were involved know the whole story but... from what i read Evan Weiss didn't enable any abusers. He failed to see the severity of a situation that he was not directly involved in. Why is he under fire?

7. mernest444

I'm sure a lot of people are about to gladly let you know.

CSWAPPO and Bryan Diem like this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

why hasn't he contacted the victim? why has he still not apologized directly to her? why did he not question the situation? that's messed up

CSWAPPO and Jake W like this.
  9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

He told her to shut up and play nice with a man that sexually assaulted her. She then had to work with her assaulter to continue to work for Evan. If that isn’t enabling an abuser, I don’t know what is. Furthermore, he’s lied about reaching out to her and has told conflicting stories in private vs. his public mea culpa bullshit. Finally, he’s also sharing snippets of their private communications from years ago to manipulate the narrative and discredit Hilary.

TearsofaClone, dylan and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. He asked ...

Jake W and CSWAPPO like this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

someone smarter than me should put Retirement Party on this gig

cwhit likes this.