Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Personal Shopper (Oliver Assayas, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

Yeah, and around awards season they try to see all of those too. I saw Moonlight in theaters twice, and the second time was after it was nominated for all the awards. Very different crowds as a result.

Aregala and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Important:

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair I haven't seen Get Out yet, but so far this is easily the best film of 2017 (so far).

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This is the best film of all time.

(It's not, but I'll say whatever it takes to get people to see it)

iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aregala and Nathan like this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also, this was legitimately scary. Didn't expect that.

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I decided to risky click this thread and i'm really pleased that this was the first thing i saw. I really want to see this movie ha

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

This was good.

Aregala likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

I was in a theater of four, and right after it faded to white these two older women in the front started laughing, and one apologizing to the other for bringing her. Regular people stumbling into art films is always weird.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I need to see this. The hype in this thread has me excited.

10. Dog with a Blog

The person I brought said mid film, "more scary, less shopping please", which was incredibly disappointing, to say the least. The only reason I brought her was because I thought she'd be into something like this! :verysad:

Aregala likes this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This was great. I loved the ambiguity. I'm not sure if the majority of people feel otherwise, but I definitely like watching slow-burns in the theatre rather than busy, blockbuster movies. I don't have a great set-up for watching movies at my house, so the theatre allows me to get immersed in the world of a film much easier, and that lends itself to this type of movie. Something like Power Rangers on the other hand, while cool to see on such a big scale, I think will play just as well on my shitty tv in terms of all around enjoyment

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  12. Not sure how I feel about the movie overall. I'm still mulling it over, but I did like it. Kristen Stewart continues to kill it.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

To people who saw this in the theater, I assume there are subtitles for the non-English parts?

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, from what I remember. My cinema that's playing it also lists it as English, French, Swedish with subs.

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Okay. Thanks for the info.

16. Jason Tate Apr 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2017)
    So what's the prevailing wisdom on the hotel scene?

I wanted to like this more than I did. Stewart was good.

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Not Personal Shopper related but I got to meet Olivier tonight and I need another place to brag abt it

18. Go on..

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Full retrospective being put on in Toronto this summer. He's here introducing the first couple films. I just met him briefly post screening, nothing wild.

Aregala and gonz (Alex) like this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

looking forward to the (i assume) coming criterion release to complete the kristen stewart trilogy with the clouds of sils maria and certain women

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Or the Assayas quadrilogy with Summer Hours and Carlos. That would be an incredible box set.

Nathan likes this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

You just skip Something in the Air? What makes those four films a quadrilogy, and not include something like Boarding Gate?

23. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Btw Criterion will be releasing more of his earlier films soon. He said Cold Water is coming next year. Disorder, Irma Vep, and Winters Child all got recently restored too.

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Because they've already been released by Criterion.

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious