Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Personal Shopper (Oliver Assayas, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 17, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

"Personal Shopper," starring Kristen Stewart, which follows a young woman, who following the death of her twin brother, seeks to make contact with him.

Assayas hasn't made a bad film yet and has been on something of a major streak since Summer Hours. Kristen Stewart was breathtaking in Clouds of Sils Maria so I'm eager to see how she'll do as his central character.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Reaction is so split on this that I'm somehow even more excited.

4. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Haven't seen any of assayes' stuff but this sounds pretty great.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This film is my everything.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they continue to work together because they've both made their best films together.

Great news about Idol's Eye too. Sounds like if all goes as planned it could be finished for Venice next year? Maybe even Cannes, depending how fast he works.

8. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

In theaters March 10th.

Can't believe how long it is taking Cannes films to come out these days.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

By the time Cannes films are bought and distribution plans are finalized, it becomes difficult to release in the winter due to the enormous amount of adult dramas that come out around that time. It is either a quick turnaround for that summer or waiting until the Spring, which gives these films a chance to reach more screens than they normally would.

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Ugh such a wait. I loved Clouds of Sils Maria though and think Kristen Stewart is brilliant, I look forward to this.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

yesssssssssssssss

Oliver Assayas/Kristen Stewart essential

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. This reminds me that I started Clouds of Sils Maria but never finished it. Big fan of Kristen Stewart's work the past couple years, though.

16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

So excited to see this hopefully this weekend. I was worried it wouldn't open wide in Chicago since I was the only person in the theater when I saw Clouds of Sils Maria.

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so hyped to see this again. Only a week and a half.

Aregala likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kristen Stewart is amazing, in this and just in general

19. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Bout to see this in a few hours eeeeeeeeeee

brandon_260 likes this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

oh my god this was so good. That final scene thoooooooooooo

21. Morrissey

Trusted

Is this as great as everyone says? It opened near work, but plays at inconvenient times.

22. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I thought it was pretty great. The senior citizens in my theater, on the other hand, did not.

23. Morrissey

Trusted

I live in Florida and I usually see movies during the day, so I am usually surrounded by seniors. Their reactions to movies are fascinating, but they can be so easily offended.

Aregala likes this.
  24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I often wonder whether they go into the films with much background information or if they just roll up every Sunday to see whatever's showing. I'm not certain the elderly moviegoers were familiar with the recent cultural moment KStew and Assayas are sharing.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

They go based on reviews

Aregala likes this.