Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4, April 4, 2017) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, May 5, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

HIGHLY suggest everyone have multiple girlfriends. It's wonderful.

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i 100% will be going back and playing at least persona 3 and 4, not sure when though considering i have yakuza 1-5 also on my back log lol

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Made the mistake of renting a DVD and then Morgana wouldn't let me watch it for five days. Watch those late fees folks

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I rented one and never figured out how the video games or DVDs worked so I just returned it a month late and chalked it up as a loss.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Stopped right before what I assume is the game catching up to the opening, REALLY excited to see how this all shakes out. Gonna dig myself in and play nonstop today.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

After I beat the final boss, I figured I could stay up through the ending. Unbeknownst to me, that was like another five hours of content. lol

SpyKi and tucah like this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

YOOOOOO

GIGANTIC LATE GAME SPOILERS: Just finished up the long sequence of cutscenes that followed beating the Sae boss/the beginning of the game, THAT WAS GREAT. The Goro twist was super obvious (like the in-game characters, I figured it out immediately from the pancake stuff) but it was executed really well and it was super fun to watch it all unfold.

This game is fantastic.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Honestly, not even the best twist

tucah likes this.
  9. Matt

I'm still only just starting in the second Palace. There's so much going on and I am not trying to rush through the game because I want to spread this out as long as I can lol

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I estimate that this took me about 80 hours, so you shouldn't have any problem stretching it out. Lol

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New game+ starts you with all of your money and you can summon any previous persona, therefore, I have a level 98 Satan in the first dungeon.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. Matt

Third palace boss was a lot of fun, although I ended up having to use about 20 items to beat him.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't use any items, just blitzed him with spells until he fell off. I'm not sure he KO'd anyone. Hitting any boss with the attack debuff is CRUCIAL in all boss fights.

15. Matt

Thanks for the advice. I'm still new to the franchise so I'm working through the game my own way, probably need to start working on building up my Personas.

16. Matt

I've found that I prefer beating the Palace with 10 or so days left to spare, so then I can just relax for the rest of that time building up my stats/hanging out with my bros

RobbieBerns and Shakriel like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Buffs and debuffs are an incredible way to take down bosses. I always makes sure I have a character that can wipe enemy buffs or at least have an 'attack down' debuff. There are a lot of options. Just don't go out of your way to delete those from characters. Later in the game you'll pick up a character who can auto-buff your guys throughout fights, but keep what you can.

Also try and build a diverse Persona with high magic. I usually carry one that has all HIGH damage for each element. Early on, that isn't going to happen, but it is great to build toward.

Try and keep characters in your main party who have high confidant levels. The abilities you gain are incredibly useful.

The doctor is one of my biggest rec's for confidants. She sells an item that recovers SP every turn. You can buy the best one SP 3, for 100K/50K depending on your level.

The fortune teller is the most pointless confidant. If you aren't trying to build up every single confidant, you can skip her to build others.

There are so many little things you can do to make the game a lot easier on yourself.

Matt likes this.
  18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I've taken a break from this game for the last week or so after playing 30-40 straight hours of it when it released. Was somewhere in the third palace, so all of that advice is also extremely useful to me.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I love Morgana, besides the annoying telling me I can't do anything at night haha

I'm at the fourth palace. This game is just so good.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Matt and @VanMastaIteHab a few other things:

Don't buy new guns. The only use for them is to bring guys down. They should never be a primary source of damage.

Don't level up the arm's dealer. All of his stuff pertains to guns. See above ^^^

MAX OUT THE MAID. Her level ten will allow you to go out at night after going to Mementos and palaces.

Read whenever you have nothing going on at night. Its the easiest way to boost stats.

Grinding mementos is the easiest way to build your cash.

VanMastaIteHab and Matt like this.
  22. Matt

I wish the soundtrack was on Spotify :(

RobbieBerns and Contender like this.
  23. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah i always drag out battles to hear the full battle theme, could have sonething to do with the fact that im still only in the second palace

24. Matt

Lookin cool, Joker!

Henry likes this.
  25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

After taking a long time to get going in this, I've jumped head in the last 3 or so days. Put in about 25 hours, knocked out the second and almost the third palaces.