Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4, April 4, 2017) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, May 5, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Picked this up on a whim yesterday after seeing some rave reviews. I played for about 4 hours without looking away from the screen/at a clock/my phone. Holy shit I love this.

tucah and dadbolt like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've died three times pretty early on. It's crazy how strong some of these enemy attacks are. I need to start upgrading armor and shit.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

hi want to finish horizon zero dawn (what an amazing game btw, so beautiful and really interesting story + characters. Aloy is great too.) and the uncharted trilogy first. then i'll trade them in to bring down the price of persona 5.

Contender, DeviantRogue and Joe4th like this.
  4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Think one of my favorite things so far is S. links outside of party members being more rewarding now through benefits other than just fusion bonuses.

Pretty neat.

5. DeviantRogue

Very much reminds me of Persona 4's first dungeon that was also much harder than the rest of the game... but that was because of being at 3 members instead of 4.

Those lancer dudes are deaddddly

6. DeviantRogue

Yay, I'm excited you get to play it! Persona 4 is my goat JRPG, I think you'll like 5 =D

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Think I'm close to the end of the first dungeon but left because i was out of SP and i want to get a few lockpicks for chests. Unsure whether that was the right thing to do or whether i should have just powered through, ha.

8. DeviantRogue

I did the same. Always better to be safe than sorry imo. That said I do typically just go all in on dungeons and do social stuff after.

9. SpyKi

That's how I'm planning on doing it. Then I can just relax after. I have no idea how to know what to select when trying to negotiate with personas, ha. Also not really sure whether I should be combining as many of them as possible or trying to just level some. There's a lot I'm unsure of in this game but I'm just going with the flow and not worrying about it. Loving the game so far though.

10. DeviantRogue

Combine, combine, combine. They are all in your registry regardless, so if you like one you can pull it back out.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Fusing > Leveling

SpyKi and DeviantRogue like this.
  12. SpyKi

That's what i figured. I've been fusing as high as i can so far.

13. DeviantRogue

Oh boy. one of the mini bosses is a penis

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Have you played these games before? lol. Shin Megami Tensei has THE BEST demon designs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tucah likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is there a reason to keep Arsene? Like, is the best persona gonna require it?

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yep, sounds like a SMT game

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Doubt it, worse case just pull one out of the Compendium

18. DeviantRogue

And dungeon one complete!

19. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

about to start this, pretty much bought a ps4 for this so it better be good

SpyKi and tucah like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This game is infinitely easier after the first dungeon is completed.

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've been enjoying the difficulty on hard so far - nowhere near traditional SMT hard but still seems a little more difficult than previous Persona hard modes.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Second boss was a pain in the ass. Really thought he was going to take me out a few different times. Turns out, he just really hates cats.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This maid arc is something.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I just got up to the first Friday and I'm THRILLED that my landlord appreciates Morgana

Henry likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I expected way more people to question the fact that you carry a cat in a bag with you everywhere. How do you sneak him into the school desk during the day? Do other students not care? Does the teacher know?

nitpicking/who cares, of course, I just laugh every time I see Morgana cramped up in that desk