Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4, April 4, 2017) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, May 5, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This anime is beat for beat the game.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yes it is. They even have the Golden anime that is just episodes that jump around only adapting the P4G exclusive content.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

IT'S HERE

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

My copy just showed up. Starting this as soon as my girlfriend finishes her breakfast!!

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Loved the first hour or so that I played last night, even if it was mostly cutscenes. Never played a persona game but I think I'm in for a treat.

6. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

picking this up on my way back from school but no ps4 to play it on until thursday

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Mine has been delivered, but I won't get to touch it for another 3 hours ughhhhh

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The bag is a lot smaller than I expected. (its not in the picture)

9. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Am I the only one who leaves the sleeves off of steel book cases?

tucah likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

As expected, game is great so far. The setup is interesting, the characters I've seen so far are mostly promising, slight tweaks to the battle system are great (the gun stuff is interesting). Even this very first dungeon, although nothing special, is still vastly better designed and more fun than the randomized dungeons of the past. Morgana is the best. Very pleased so far, can't wait until the game starts to free up and I get more social link/activity options.

11. SpyKi

Yeah I've put about 4 hours in and it still feels a bit tutorialish but I'm starting to really like some of the characters and get invested in this first story. I really want to just play all night but i know my girlfriend will have to go to bed soon and then I'll have to wait until after work tomorrow to play more. Hoping to at least finish this first dungeon by then.

12. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Got delivery notification on mine. It's sitting on my doorstep, but I know I won't be able to play it until (hopefully) tomorrow evening at the earliest (and that's with forgoing all the other games I'm in the middle of just to get started). Why is gaming so hard??

13. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Damn these adults are jerks

RobbieBerns and SpyKi like this.
  14. SpyKi

Didn't get to finish the first dungeon, it's taking longer than expected, lol.

15. DeviantRogue

I popped for pyrojacks

tucah likes this.
  16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Hah yeah, first dungeon is way longer than I thought it would be. It kinds of keeps going and going, not that I mind, I like getting back into the swing of Persona combat.

17. SpyKi

I feel like I'm about to go in for the last time, hopefully. Very happy with these first four characters as well so far.

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Igor's new voice actor is throwing me off

19. DeviantRogue

Forreal sounds more menacing now

20. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i remember being so weirded out when they changed chie's voice actress in p4g

21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Played a couple of hours and I'm digging it so far. This is my first Persona game.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. DeviantRogue

Fuck this is depressing so far

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Morgana is the best

Raku, SpyKi and DeviantRogue like this.
  24. DeviantRogue

Dungeons are way way way better here than in Persona 4.

tucah likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finished the first dungeon and resolved that plot completely. It's mostly standard Persona stuff so far but probably a bit darker - and that's not a bad thing, I am totally not tired of Persona doing its thing. Ann and Ryuji are good first party members - haven't got to spend much time with Ann's S-Link but Ryuji's is very good so far. The little QoL upgrades are so nice - showing you the general area on the map where a social link option is available, fast travel being available nearly everywhere (including specific stores and buildings), the R1 to change to a Persona that has an ability the enemy is weak to, the fusion changes - tons of little things that make the formula even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes and how the game's framing device plays out.

I just reached (~May 10, I think - no story spoilers but a mechanic that doesn't unlock until somewhere around there) the Mementos stuff. MORGANA AS A CAR IS SO GOOD. I was wondering how they'd get sidequests/grinding in with the dungeons disappearing after finishing but here we are. I've been finding some decent loot and equipment in there too, which is good because some of that stuff is expensive in the stores and I just want to spend my money on all sorts of silly things

Living up to my lofty expectations.