Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4, April 4, 2017) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, May 5, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The new trailer/news today got me hyped so I figured I'd make a thread and see who else cares.

Out 9/15 in Japan, hopefully won't take too long for it to come out in English.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't wait to go on so many dates.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

THIS THREAD IS EMPTY BUT I WILL UPDATE IT BECAUSE WE HAVE A DATE

FEBRUARY 14, 2017

[​IMG]

LOOK AT THAT GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL LIMITED EDITION

okay that's getting my excitement out

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Good to see I didn't overlook this gem of a thread.

tucah likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

We're 10 days out so here's a bump.

GET HYPED

I think I'm gonna try and finish my last abandoned P4G run next week.

Contender likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I can't believe it's finally coming out. I can't wait to play this. So happy I preordered the Take Your Heart edition.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I have a TYH edition preorders and digitally because I want to have this game on my system at all times. I'll probably give the disc from the TYH edition to a friend who I know would love the game. Gotta spread the love!

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just ordered the Persona 4 anime on blu ray. Stoked to watch.

9. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

here for this. ive avoided almost all info aside from the early japanese trailers. will have my ps4 by the tine this comes out, by any means necessary

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Should I impulse buy this game now that I'm finished with zelda pretty much? Never played a persona game but I think it would be "for me".

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

(Obviously biased towards the series but) YES. If you think you'd like it you probably will, Persona games are top tier JRPGs that even have a way of converting those who wouldn't play the genre.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

We're now close enough that this game is all I've been able to think about.

I started to dig around in P4G again but after spending another hour with it I think I might not want to sink time into a JRPG when the new one will dominate my life so soon afterwards. I'm thinking maybe another go through Catherine or to finally blast through the story modes of Arena/Arena Ultimax, which I never really got into.

Either way, the hype has reached insane levels, only to grow in the next week.

Joe4th likes this.
  13. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Picked up P4G again in hopes of casually jetting through the last portions of the game - instead, I've become borderline obsessed again and it's taking up way more of my time than I anticipated. Forgot how much I love this game, hoping to finally finish it. Was hoping to have it done by P5's release, but between it, Automata, and other games, I doubt I'll be playing P5 on release day anyway (though I'll certainly be ogling over the TYH Edition as soon as it's on my doorstep).

I forgot how long it's been since a proper Persona game released and I'm really excited to play this on a next generation console. It also furthers my excitement for SMTV on Switch, as I'm pretty curious to see a mainline Unreal engine SMT game.

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

In exactly a week (minus 16 minutes) I will be playing Persona 5. Can't believe it's so close.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Reviews are coming out. Avoiding reading any full text for spoiler reasons but the little blurbs I've seen here and there are obviously glowing.

16. Emotherapy

Regular

Hell. Yes. Kinda wish I ordered the limited edition only for the soundtrack cd. I've at least got the steelbook edition preordered.

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm happy I have the limited edition ordered, the bag looks really nice

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

LESS THAN 24 HOURS

19. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

My preorder still says "preparing." It has said this since Thursday. Tomorrow is release. PLZ SHIP TODAY UGH

20. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

8 hours away damn

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

hope this shows up early tomorrow.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watching the P4 anime today as a pregame.

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just counting down until midnight...so I can watch cutscenes for an hour and not actually get to play much tonight. Still so, so excited.

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Think I'm gonna go to my Gamestop's 9pm release. Didn't pre-order (because I decided to buy this game today lol), hope that's not a problem.

25. Emotherapy

Regular

Amazon was supposed to get it here tomorrow but Now it's not coming til Thursday? Oh well I can wait another 2 days