Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Perry Mason (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SeeTheLights, Jun 21, 2020.

1. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

This is tonight. I’m looking forward to this just because of how good Matthew Rhys is and the setting for this show

thedrudo likes this.
  2. I’m really looking forward to this. I saw some positive reviews so far.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I can't believe an HBO series could sneak up on me like this, they're usually super aggressive with marketing?

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Liked the first episode a lot, but with this cast it would have been very hard for me not to. The score and grimy look added a lot to it, and Matthew Rhys is of course perfectly deadpan and snarky already. Shea Whigham in such a different role seems like it will be fun to watch too.

The only major issue was that they did lean on some of the typical tropes for dark adaptations pretty hard. I didn’t grow up watching or reading much Perry Mason so it didn’t bother me, but I could see some people having issues with those changes.

Also just a warning, there are some SUPER disturbing images in it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'd watch this but hbo max still isn't on fucking roku.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I just watched it on Go. I’ll be FURIOUS if they don’t get the Max issue figured out before that app goes away. It happens like two weeks before this ends.

Shakriel likes this.
  7. Shakriel

if i have max can i access Go?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh god it’s so complicated at this point that I’m not sure. How do you subscribe exactly?

9. Shakriel

hahaha. they truly did epically fuck this all up. i just directly made an hbo max account.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They really did, it’s truly incredible. In that case I’m not sure if you can use any workarounds. Go is for customers who subscribe through cable, which is how I got upgraded to Max. Now is the standalone streaming service, but that’s getting rebranded as just HBO and I think the app just redirects to Max now. At least for phones? I’m not sure if you are able to download the Now app for Roku and attempt signing in that way. It’s a mess!!

11. Shakriel

Ugh. Well, I could just say fuck it and download the episode or try connecting my ipad to my TV.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, the worst case scenario for me after Go leaves is having to connect my laptop to the TV for a while.

13. Shakriel

yeah part of me wants to just finally buy an apple tv, but everything else is on roku, so it just seems a waste of money for one app lol.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I really enjoyed this

15. Shakriel

Episode was pretty good. Rhys was def the standout.

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn’t expect the brutality and thought it was very unnecessary but other than that, the show seems like it could be good.

17. Wasn't immediately pulled in by the premiere, but I enjoyed it enough. Really interested to see what Tatiana Maslany is like in this since it seems a lot different than her work on Orphan Black, which is mostly what I know her from.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My only issue with the premiere is there were ALOT of characters to keep track of

Brent and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s definitely gonna be way more of that.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Oh yeah for sure! Especially by looking at the sneak peek of what's to come. I just realize it's a show I need to be fully engaged in and not doing other things at the same time

21. Nice to see Chris Chalk in this. He's always good.

22. imthegrimace

I enjoyed the second episode much more.

Slangster likes this.
  23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is very, very good. Glad I got caught up.

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. imthegrimace

Yeah it’s getting really good.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lithgow is fantastic.

imthesheriff likes this.