Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Periphery - Periphery IV: Hail Stan (April 5, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DesolateEarth, Mar 4, 2019.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Legitimately loving the diversity of the last few releases and this one is no exception. They arent afraid to go proggy, poppy, melodic, heavy, beautiful, dark, or anything in between. This is what sets them apart for me from most of the djent pack.

beachdude likes this.
  2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

really really like It's Only Smiles

beachdude likes this.
  3. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Great record, been blasting it for a week and still loving every second of it.

Nate_Johnson, Joe and DesolateEarth like this.
  4. DesolateEarth

Birb

Finally got my CD and vinyl. So good to hear this in high quality. Blown away by how strong this is.

5. Horrorca

Trusted

the album title really turned me off from giving these guys another chance

v___v

6. I don't play, but I've always enjoyed watching their playthroughs.

7. DesolateEarth

Birb

Crush is so good. Who knew they could pull off an industrial/synth driven song this well!

Nate_Johnson and beachdude like this.
  8. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Got tickets for the EU tour in november, excited!!

9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah it's a kinda meh title but the album is much better than the title suggests.

beachdude likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I saw a quick video and it was kind of funny because the interviewer said: “what’s with the album title?”
    Misha & Jake: “what’s wrong with it?”
    Interviewer: “Hail Stan?!”
    Misha & Jake: “Shit! It was supposed to be Hail Satan!!!”

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

I mean I get that they have a sense of humor and whatnot which is awesome

On the other hand, it reminds me of the late 2000s metalcore trend of using memes/internet slang for song titles which was a very cringe period haha

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think they know they will annoy people and they don’t really care. They have so many side projects and business ventures the band is just an extra thing for them now and if people don’t like it, oh well!

beachdude and DesolateEarth like this.
  13. This band has never once given me the impression that they take anything but their music all that seriously so idk, the album title doesn’t strike me as anything but extremely on brand. I thought it was pretty funny, personally!

14. sukottokairu

Regular

i wouldn't say i like the album title, but i appreciate it's humor and sarcasm. and in a way it does fit the album thematically.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Did no one talk about this? EP is really cheesy but good. Only dislike Drive tbh

16. DesolateEarth

Birb

Spenser also has an electronic side project called Endur that is fantastic. Serious NIN vibes for anyone who is into that sound.

17. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

Periphery is such a good band. I remember first discovering them back in 2011, then of course listening to P2 almost nonstop when it came out.

The Clear EP will also always hold a special place in my heart too.

Joe and DesolateEarth like this.
  18. I remember my friend showing them to me on Myspace lol. Then, because of their influences, I got into Sikth and Meshuggah around the same time. I remember digging through all of Misha's demos too. It was a pivotal time for my music tastes.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've always found this band terribly boring live, but this album fucking rips.

20. I've seen them twice live, and I thought they were really fun. Those shows were years ago, though, so idk if they've mellowed out.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This would have been over ten years ago for me. I think I found the vocals really often putting and the guys a bit stagnant.

I'd probably enjoy this a lot more now.

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah when I saw them with Norma Jean and The Contortionist they ruled!

23. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them on friday!

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I thought they were pretty boring, but nothing really catches my ear with these guys anymore.

25. Oh ya, Spencer was pretty rough when they started out. His vocals are still it or miss for people, but he got a lot better performing live over the years.

Over 10 years ago though, they might have still had one of their old vocalists before Spencer.