Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

People from the A1 Thread Who Honestly Suck • Page 340

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Every time that realization becomes too harsh is when I quit the internet for weeks lol

Sometimes it is really important to just step away.....especially on FB.

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I wish I had that willpower but I 100% understand this

It’s when the realization becomes too harsh that I just rage and stew in anger lol

GrantCloud, Ken, K0ta and 2 others like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Do you not encounter that irl on Long Island
    Lucky

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

whenever i read the comments on something it ruins my entire day

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can confirm there's a ton of shitty idiot assholes on long island

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hell we have BAGEL STORE GUY

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

wait your girls cousin got engaged after two months and scheduled the wedding for just two months later? the fuck?

aliens exist, GrantCloud, Ken and 5 others like this.
  9. K0ta

I don't want to say that internet conversations can never move somebody and be positive but there are certainly more instances than not where I just take all of that hurt and anger and have to bring it around with me in my day to day life and it's like....fuck those people, who are they really to me? At some point you're allowed to bring the focus on your own mental health and just shut it off for awhile, or at least avoid the toxic places. Most likely you're doing more harm than good for yourself and it's positive to recognize you deserve better. It also helps you refocus so that when you can be a more productive voice when the time comes.

10. K0ta

Well yeah of course but why would I then constantly subject myself to it also in my time for "escapism" lol....politics are so pervasive it's not like you can shut them off anywhere but I can at least limit the unhealthy interactions I often get myself into and that can ruin a whole day over a petty internet argument, you know?

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re the only two not related to each other in the state, so it makes sense.

12. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

zip it buckeye

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

im pretty burnt out on the hospital. the past few days have been exhausting. they transferred my stepdad to my area which is at least more convenient but he’s not showing any improvement. im anxious as hell about hearing from his doctor today.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

an optimistic take (because I feel fragile hating the world all the time the way I tend to do): all the big dumb fb groups I can think of dont have any more subscribers than a million or 2 at the most. Thats actually really small out of 327 mil. For instance, Turning Point USA only has like 300k. Idk that helps me feel a little more sane. Also I feel like half of those people are bots.

15. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

:heart:

16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I think Facebook/the internet is an abnormality. People are much more likely to say shitty things online than they are in person. Instead of keeping those thoughts to themselves, as they might in person, they feel safe to project their own ignorance as loudly as they want to. They can block, ignore, or shout-down any sort of reckoning that they deserve. Then like minded individuals can find their way to one another and it snowballs (NOT A SEX THING).

There's a person who made a page as if they're a political figure and they troll my local news posts with pseudo-intellectual garbage. The profile photo is literally a bitmoji and the account is clearly fake, yet Facebook has done nothing about it. I've reported it a few times, hell, I even blocked it, but since it's a "page" and not a "user," I still see these fake, garbage comments any time I click on the comments section of local news posts. The whole place is really extremely toxic unless you keep it limited to people you want to remain in contact with only.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I do social media amplifies the worst voices it sucks

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Really? I like to think that gives me some comfort

20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:100:

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Turning Point being 20 year old dorks making memes for boomers is at least hilarious

22. K0ta

FB is truly the worst in terms of this and that's why I mostly don't go on it. I keep it only to interact with a few people and that's it. It really is a massive problem on there, especially in those groups.

I have to constantly remind myself that the internet is just a slice of the greater world and refocus myself on the positives of all the people I know and care about and how NONE of them are the garbage I see on the internet - but having constant social interaction and stimulation at your fingertips 24/7 blurs those lines almost constantly.

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i know that, over a month of spending every free moment visiting my stepdad in the hospital was the most draining thing in my life, especially waiting for those few moments for an update from the doctor.

:heart: hoping things turn out okay

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This and your next comment are good advice that I will try to take into account when I *do* engage, but right now I’m referring to things I see and not even engaging with.

Like I of course still see casual fatphobia in my life but anything serious gets the boot from me instantly. However then I can see a post in a fbgroup that has hundreds or thousands of comments that are the most vile fatphobic shit ever. Just seeing the sheer volume is the harsh reality that I spoke of originally.

That’s true. That is a nice counter thought. But I guess going off my above statement, the sheer volume is still hard to stomach.

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

A question I've been asking myself lately is--do I benefit from Facebook or Twitter or any of it (including Chorus), really? I might be better off and happier, not having an online presence at all.

aliens exist, K0ta and SlappinCups like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.