Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Penny Dreadful (Showtime) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Apr 1, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Huh. Wonder why they're doing that.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Only reason that comes to mind for me is because it won't run the same time as the GoT finale.

3. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

Damn, I honestly didn't know that was the final episode until the very end. This was such a great show and I'm really sad to see it end.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't think they've specified if this was the series finale. I really can't see this show continuing without Eva Green though

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Fuck that horseshit

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Fuck fuck fuck

8. Matt

I wonder if my experience of watching the finale was different knowing it was the series finale

9. Damn, sad to see the show end. I think S2 is still my favorite. S3 felt like there was a lot built up and alluded to that never paid off, for me at least.

10. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

This show was great while it lasted. A few disappointments:
    Introduce a character Dr Jekyll and not have one Hyde transformation, not even mentioning it until the last time we see him. Allowing Dracula to live. Building up Lily's girl army to have them just dissipate along with Justine's neck snap; what a cop out. Lyle going away to Egypt would have been a great way to introduce maybe the Mummy? I can dream, haha. And finally, would have loved to see more of Catriona, I figured they were setting her up as a possible love interest for Ethan post-Vanessa.
    Don't get me wrong, this season was fun and I agree with above, S2 was the best by far. So many unanswered questions and I too didn't know it was the end watching the last episode.

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

They certainly left a few loose ends untied.

12. Matt

They keep trying to convince us that they planned this but it does not seem that way at all. Almost every storyline was building a plot that would carry over into the next season, and then they were all just cut short. It still doesn't make sense.

13. Jusscali

Yeah they are Def full ofor shit. I kind of hate this last episode too

14. John Clare, what a character

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still have the finale to watch. It looks like it might be the series finale though?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So glad that the first two seasons are on Netflix. If I make it through the second, I might download the third.
    Yeah, its over.

17. Jusscali

Pissed this is over

18. Just finished it yesterday. Was completely unaware that they didn't announce that it was the end of the series before they ended the series--I basically started the show knowing it was only three seasons. I didn't grow too attached to anyone they introduced in season 3, hah. John Clare, though, holy fucking shit.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

FB_IMG_1541088427911.jpg

Death isn’t always the finale.

Penny Dreadful returns to Showtime Networks with Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. Set in 1938 Los Angeles, this next chapter will explore a mix of the supernatural within a genuine historical backdrop infused with Mexican-American folklore.

airik625 and dash64 like this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Ohhhhh

21. Jusscali

FUCK YES

22. Whoa what, I just posted in the Entertainment Chat thread about buying this and wow.

23. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Holy shit!!!

24. drewinseries

Drew

Guess I should watch this show, I don't how it was so under my radar.