Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Penny Dreadful (Showtime) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Fuck.

I know it's preaching to the choir at this point, but they really just need to give Eva Green all of the Emmys.

ghostedaway likes this.
  2. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I liked the dichotomy between Dracula and Lucifer.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Incredible episode

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Fuck that was great

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That very well could have been my favorite episode of the series thus far. Incredible job by everyone involved. I was very impressed by Josh Hartnett.

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

See that's a storyline I don't care about so event though it was well done it was filler for me

7. Slangster

It was bordering on too much Ethan for me, but I still enjoyed it. Pretty convenient that Hecate's snakes in the desert killed everyone except the Scotland Yard dude and his buddy and then just... went back into the ground? Stopped spawning? IDK.
    Hope they continue with the Evil Ethan angle for a while though, he'd be a good villain for the show.

8. airik625

Yeah the snakes going away after killing everyone but the those two guys made me kind of shake my head. I really liked everything else though.

9. This was definitely the worst of the season. Still decent, but a clear step down in quality. Looooot of exposition. Extremely stupid "cliffhanger" ending. Not sure if I'm buying Ethan having such a bond with Hecate, either.

10. airik625

Yeah the cliffhanger for an ending was kind of cheesy. It's not like this show to succumb to those kinds of gimmicks. After thinking about it a lot more, I definitely don't think it was one of my favorites of the season so far.

11. It just generally seemed so much less nuanced than what we're used to with this show.

12. airik625

And I'm currently a lot more interested in Ethan's story arc this season. I love the setting that that narrative is taking place. Vanessa's relationship with Dracula is about to get very interesting though. Curious what becomes of John Clare though.

Also, I'm really hoping to learn a lot more about Dr. Jekyll's character.

13. Slangster

Fully on-board for evil Vanessa but I thought that turn happened rather quickly (thought the same thing in reverse with Ethan). Otherwise a great episode last night though.

Joe likes this.
  14. ghostedaway Jun 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2016)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Surprised we're getting the last two episodes this weekend.

15. airik625

Vanessa's actions at the end of this episode were so frustrating. I was actually looking forward to the end of the Dracula story arc. Felt it was a perfect time to conclude it.

16. Ya the turns in this episode seemed sudden. Vanessa joining Dracula and Dorian giving up Lily to Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll.

17. airik625

I was actually cool with the Dorian/Lily twist. She was out of control @Joe. It will be interesting to see how he plans on removing all those blood thirsty whores from his house though. Especially his inevitable little spat with Justine (Lily's main prodigy)

I really like the addition of Catriona. She's an extremely likable character. She reminds me a lot of a younger Jeanne Tripplehorn.

18. I just figured he had stronger feelings for her. I knew he'd want to put her in check, but not necessarily just give her up to 2 mad scientists. Then again, for as long as he's lived, I guess it'd make sense that he'd be able to distance himself pretty easily.

I like Catriona too. Hopefully we get to some more of that sweet swordsmanship.

19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Damn Vanessa what are you doin

airik625 likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Vanessa could have been compelled. They seem to do that a lot with vampires in television

21. Jusscali

Can't believe its over tonight. This season felt supppppperrrr short. I've enjoyed it, but it seems like everything is half cooked.

22. airik625

Isn't there one more next week?

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

They are airing the final two episodes of the season tonight

airik625 likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Even if there was one more next week, is this season shorter than year's past?

25. Slangster

Shorter than last season by 1, longer than season 1 by 1