Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Penny Dreadful (Showtime) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Fantastic premiere. I can't wait to see how Dracula involves himself into Vanessa's life.

2. Ger May 3, 2016
    (Last edited: May 3, 2016)
    Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I'm guessing the zoologist is totally Dracula.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You think so? I mean he works with that employee every day. Why go through that grand entrance when he could have very easily got his point across another time or place.

4. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I think (but I'm not sure) the guy at the end was the therapist's assistant, not the zoologist's. IDK, I just think the whole 'unnoticed little creatures' is totally gonna be Dracula's shtick. Or maybe he's just the fake-out character and I'm dumb.

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Well I'm glad they didn't drag out the reveal

6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I'm (pleasantly) surprised they didn't, with how the pace of this show can be sometimes.

Also, that opening sequence was so fucking cool.

7. Oh my am I digging this season so far. Eva Green remains mesmerizing. So glad they found a way to keep LuPone on. I was instantly super into Dorian and Lily's storyline.

8. Matt

I'm invested in every storyline at this point. But honestly the show could just be about Vanessa and I wouldn't care, that's just how great of a character she is.

9. airik625

Great call on that by the way.

I started to believe when you when he said he didn't travel on any expeditions and they weren't for him. And then when he declined her invitation for coffee, I was almost certain at that point.

Bravespear likes this.
  10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Not sure how I feel about Ethan's story at this point - especially with the lil witch in tow. I want as much Lilly as humanly possible. Still meh on Jekyll.

11. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I want to see Mr. Hyde wreck vampire shit.

airik625 likes this.
  12. Jusscali

No comments from last night...HOLY SHIT. I feel like everything is just coming together and the show is hitting some serious ass stride. I'm confused about the monster being in that room and what flashback it is...someone want to explain?

13. airik625

And right when I was starting to get bored with John Claire's story.

14. Jusscali

Can you explain to me the significance. I fell asleep during some of the episode and think I missed something...

15. airik625

The past two episodes he's been trying to figure out who he is/was. He got closer this episode, but we learned as an audience that he was Vanessa's Doctor while she was at the asylum.

16. Jusscali

For some reason I thought his previous life already had an established story I just couldn't remember. At what point in this long winding story was she locked up? This is prior to S1 obviously...

17. airik625

I think it was in the first season when she was sent off for a little while. But my memory is a bit fuzzy. I haven't watched any episode more than once.

18. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yeah, that last scene really fucked my shit up. Especially because Vanessa was specifically was trying to remember meeting the "Master," which John Claire is not...

19. Jusscali

Exactly what fucked with me lol

20. Matt

Dang I was not expecting that. I wonder if she somehow caused his death

21. airik625

I thought I saw a scene in the preview for next week where she's attacking him. I wouldn't be surprised.

22. Ger May 20, 2016
    (Last edited: May 20, 2016)
    Ger

Newbie Prestigious

LOL at that super cheesy blood orgy.

23. Jusscali

There is nothing ever cheesy about a blood orgy...technically a threesome.

Bravespear and airik625 like this.
  24. Not doctor, just an orderly, I believe.

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That sex scene was too American Horror Story for me. Pretty sure they had something just like that last season too.