Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Penny Dreadful (Showtime) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Didn't see a thread for the show yet. Season 3 premieres on May 1st.

[​IMG]

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Very excited

3. phaynes1

Regular

Oh good I love this fucking show

4. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I've always watned to check this out but never had the time. Maybe I'll dive in this weekend

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

It's the best

6. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I thought for a show with a strong opening first season they could not possibly come back with fresh and new thought, but I loved S2. That episode with the "cut wife" was fantastic, probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Sign me up for more.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

So ready for this show to be back.

8. I'm so excited for this to come back.

9. Can't wait. One of my fav shows, and I'm actually invested in most of these characters.

airik625 likes this.
  10. airik625

Same. One of the better shows on television right now.

11. Slangster

God, that trailer has me so pumped.

12. Showtime put the premiere online for free. I'll get to it later today. Enjoy!

13. airik625

Awesome. Love when they do that.

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

^^^

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

goddamn I cant watch it today

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Oh my god I'm so excited for the rest of the season

17. Slangster

Wow I forgot the season premiere was so close. Can't wait to watch.

18. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Any thoughts thus far?

19. Just finished it. Wow that ending! Reminded me of a certain horror movie I've seen recently. Don't know what was teased for this season, so I'll spoiler tag everything.

Handful of new characters being introduced in this one. Intrigued by Dr. Jekyll, though not much about him excites me yet. I like the therapist, the zoologist, Ethan's captor, Malcom's new companion (I'm bad with names). And holy shit Dracula! He sounds creepy. Vanessa, Victor, and Malcom all look like hell lol. Seems like everyone is starting at a low point this season.

Side note about the TV-14 rating for the youtube upload: I know this has been discussed in other threads in regards to movies and likely tv, but the way they set the rating is silly. Alright, we can show people being shot through the face, a child's neck being snapped, and a woman's head being smash against a wall, but we gotta censor the word fuck.

20. airik625

Absolutely loved the premiere. The direction this season is heading, couldn't have me more excited.

Ethan's story-line is so intriguing. You could already tell his dad was a bad dude, but damn - I had no idea what he was capable of.

I wonder if the witch that survived last season is going to continue to follow him.

Dr. Jekyll. Wonder what kinds of psychological experiments he has going on.

Still can't get over that ending either. Dracula sounded creepy as hell. Already anticipating his reveal
    One thing I've always enjoyed about this show, is the fact that they aren't scared to keep introducing all these different characters. However, I feel like the story-lines are starting to become pretty bogged down. This episode kind of reminded me of the recent Game of Thrones premiere, in that we were seeing a different story arc every ten minutes or so.

also very cool to see The Ice Truck Killer (Christian Camargo) introduce himself to the series.

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, I can't wait to see where they go with some of these new characters. I also just want to say how good Eva Green is (probably said it several times on AP) in this. She's just so fantastic to watch.

airik625 likes this.
  22. I've only watched like 3 or 4 episodes from the first season but judging by the praise in here I should get back into it.

23. airik625

Yes @kyle you definitely need to get back into it.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Premier was awesome. Pumped for Dracula. Hyde looks like a dweeb lol.

Any idea who was cast to play Dracula?

25. gonz (Alex) May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: May 1, 2016)
    How comical is it that they had to censor the cursing (on youtube, no less!) but countless brains being blown and crushed out of skulls is just fine.

EDIT: saw that this was already covered in a spoilered post, and I even forgot to mention the god damn child murder! No "fucks" or extremely un-tittilating witch nudity (in the case of the scenes from last season), though. Silliness.

Joe and Jusscali like this.