Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pen15 (Hulu) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by riotspray, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Pen15 is better and funnier but ES! Had actual child actors so I dunno. I do think ES! was gonna get better if it had a 2nd season

oldjersey likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I google this show like twice a day to see if it's been renewed yet

Shrek and supernovagirl like this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It seems to be getting a lot of buzz and I feel like Hulu hasn't had much get this much besides Handmaid's Tale, so chances seem good

Also I loved Everything Sucks too

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I liked everything sucks a lot but I feel like the vibes are so different you can’t even compare them

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think the biggest way this show differentiates itself is that it's from a female POV. You don't get that often from these coming off age comedies

Plus it's for an adult audience so you stuff like episode 3

riotspray and supernovagirl like this.
  6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I was disappointed as hell when they cancelled Freaks and Geeks and left it off where they did. I was disappointed as hell again when it happened years later to Everything Sucks. I was really invested by the end and the places they could have gone next will forever bother me. I get criticizing some of the writing for Everything Sucks, but that scene on the bridge between Kate and Luke I mean good god that was devastating.

Given what I know divorce does to a pubescent’s psyche, I am so curious to see where Pen15 takes these characters.

supernovagirl and ChaseTx like this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I watched the entire season today and I thought it was fantastic, and I'm a boy and was in 7th grade in 2008 lol. It's really funny, and both of the leads, who I wasn't super familiar with outside of a few small roles I've seen Maya in, are fantastic. It also gets a lot more serious/real than I was expecting, from the premise and the Lonely Island being producers I thought it'd be more dumb humor but it has real substance. Absolutely can't wait to see more

8. eight30

Regular

This took probably 3-4 episodes to grow on me but by the end of the season I really liked it.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a morbid thought, but it will be interesting if they continue for more seasons and get to freshman year for 9/11 happening. I'll never forget that morning at school.

riotspray and chewbacca110 like this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Same, it would be eighth grade though, they are in seventh grade in season 1. I was in eighth grade for 9/11, grew up 20 minutes outside the city and it's also my bday. What a fucking day...

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, that must be weird every year.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah it honestly isn't so bad now, the first few years were odd. On the very day my parents were freaking out just wanting me to have as normal day as possible so we went out to Unos Pizzeria and they were still open, we were the only ones there haha. I also don't really care for celebrating my birthday especially as I get older. My grandpa also had his birthday on pearl harbor day, strange coincidence.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

and also DAMN I thought this thread was bumped to announce a new season

14. I bet this get renewed, I'll be mad if it doesn't

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I’m loving this. On the AIM episode now and having so many feelings. I was only 8/9 in 2000 but I still feel so much of this.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Aim episode was my favorite!!!

17. They already renewed Shrill so I hope we get news on this soon.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really wasn't a fan of Shrill unfortunately. I don't exactly think I'm who it was made for though

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man this is so good lol

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

21. Yay

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i was not loving the first ep or two of this but after ep three or four i was in love. what a great show.

that renewal article reminds me i really really really need to watch Ramy, looks spectacular

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it feels like Hulu originals went from a joke to real powerhouse stuff in like two years

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m so happy!!

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

HELL YEAH

[​IMG]