Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Peloton • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by maryp1603, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Not sure if anyone does 60 min powerzone rides but for me it's hard to stay focused and I usually hate the music that wilpers plays. But there's a website you can start a timer when the class starts and it tells you what zone to be in so you can mute the class and watch TV or something and not miss the zone changes.

Screenshot_20220206-123612.png

Jim likes this.
  2. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Just got mine delivered yesterday! My butt hurts.

spiffa0 likes this.
  3. spiffa0 Feb 6, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2022)
    Takes a week or two for that to stop. Padded shorts help.

4. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Padded shorts and a seat cover make a massive difference

5. Mort Michaels

I've got a seat cover coming Tuesday.

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Pelotons bad press, and pandemic decreasing, allowing gyms to open, it has taken a beating....

7. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

8. MGAdams

9. MGAdams

I tried it. It rocks. It’s like playing guitar hero on your peloton. So much fun.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it, I did it on the advanced difficulty, the second to last one, and it wasnt as challenging as I'd like. So I'll do the last one next time. Also, its hard to switch the knob so quickly between different yellow lane things that sometimes you miss some easy points.

MGAdams likes this.
  11. MGAdams

So true. Hopefully the timing of the knob gets fixed in future updates. All in all not so bad for a v1.0 though imo.

12. Cody definitely getting that money lol
    PXL_20220306_144741192.jpg

13. Got a personal best on a 30 min today. Definitely recovered nicely after having covid.

14. Another personal best on a 30 min today. Feeling pretty strong lately.

I like Kendall's music choices but I hate how she becomes a character in every ride. Just give me the great music and some instruction.

Jim likes this.
  15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I think I’m going to take my first bootcamp next week.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

There's so many instructors that irk me, it's quite frustrating. The British guy has some decent playlists but I can't do any of them because he's so insufferable to me.

spiffa0 likes this.
  17. You don't wanna clickity clack your twinkle toes?

Dennis is the best combo of music and instruction for me. Wilpers is a good instructor but had awful music.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Dennis is decent, sometimes when he talks all soft I feel like he's trying to be sexy which is off-putting. I usually stick with Kendal and Alex.

19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Emma is my favorite. If I feel like dying, Olivia's my go to.

20. Mort Michaels

I like Emma for low impact, Bradley for great playlists, Ben in general, Hannah C for personality, Robin for great themes.

21. The rower has been announced. I'll probably buy it lol.

22. I've had the Peloton for two years this week and decided to look at all my data. I scrubbed it a bit and converted total output to total output per hour for each ride so I could pull some averages that made sense regardless of how long a ride was.

Anyway, I've taken the most classes with Denis and Leanne, but they're around the midpoint of average output for me. If I want bang for my buck, it looks like Bradley Rose and Cody Rigsby are the rides I should take more often.

And interesting that my two best months were July and August 2021. I've been feeling stronger than ever recently but my average output for a ride this month is fairly low compared to the last year or so. I think it has to do with the amount of Powerzone classes I take and they are not really great for achieving big outputs.

upload_2022-5-24_15-47-45.png

maryp1603 likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@spiffa0 You should download the app Pelotrak. Much better use of data than the regular Peloton app.

Also, I met Emma Lovewell—by far my favorite instructor—at the Martha's Vineyard airport today. I fangirled hard.

[​IMG]

maryp1603, Jim and spiffa0 like this.
  24. Thanks for the rec! Downloaded it and so much easier to look at stats and progress.

Awesome you met Emma. I'd love to meet Dennis and Leanne.

Drewski likes this.
  25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

theres a bunch of AFO classes now including the likes of the 1975 and green day