Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Peloton • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by maryp1603, Jul 24, 2021.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Couldn't you screencast and still use the heart rate monitor?

2. I wasn't having good luck with screen casting. I have good wifi and a good router, the tv was like four feet from the peloton, but it was bad quality, would pause to buffer, etc.

For 30 bucks the pivot was worth it.

3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

anyone using the peleton app with a non-peleton bike? are the classes more worth it than the bike? currently using my road bike on an indoor trainer and the zwift app, but may be interested in switching the the peleton app if its the better option

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes I use the app and have a different branded bike. The app is SO worth it. It has a million other types of workouts if your looking to do more than just biking as well

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  5. The peloton reddit group is a good resource for peloton DIY

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I upgraded but had a DIY bike. App is still worth it.

also who got their cooldown stats?

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Got mine today. Highlights were:

-Top 10% of Strength users.
    -Top output: 536kj during Jess King's 45 Minute Warped Tour Ride.
    -Top instructor: Jess Sims.
    -308 active days.
    -Longest streak: 45 days.
    -Total minutes: 12,439 minutes.

Jim likes this.
  8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Mine were:

Top 10% of Cycling user
    Top output: 796kj 60 min pop ride with Kendall
    Top instructor: Kendall
    298 active days
    25 day streak

Drewski likes this.
  9. Geez embarrassed to post mine after those last two lol

10. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

i can't find this ride for the life of me. do you know the date is was published? wish there was a damn search function in the app.

Drewski likes this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yeah, my bad. It's technically a "MusicFest Ride" but the theme for it is Warped Tour. Maybe my favorite ride on Peloton.

The date on it is 8/3/19. The difficulty is an 8.9 rating so it's very legit. Playlist is below.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 9.35.17 PM.png

maryp1603, EddieDS and Jim like this.
  12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Just book marked the shit out of that ride

maryp1603, EddieDS and Drewski like this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Getting a bike next week (NordicTrack since I have the treadmill, not a Peloton (used to have one before it crapped out) so I can’t join this thread) but as someone who knows how significant quality gear is for running, what is some gear I should be looking at for bikes? Mostly just want to make sure I have good shorts so I don’t hurt my ass and I’m not sure if riding in just jockey boxers is a good idea or not. I like the idea of the shorts with ass pads but have never tried them or really looked into them yet.

thanks in advance!

14. Your butt gets used to it but for anything over 30 mins I need the ass pad shorts. Never know what to do about underwear though because boxer briefs n bike shorts keep my junk smushed and it's uncomfortable. Wonder if riding commando is the way to go.

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yeah you gotta tough it out for the first bunch of rides to get used to it. I always use Nike running shorts. They are nice and light with built in spandex/underwear liner. Work perfectly for running, biking, strength.

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah if my shorts don’t have liner, commando is my play

17. Kendall's recent pop punk ride is good but all her runs out of the saddle are 85-90 and that's way too fast for me lol

GrantCloud and Jim like this.
  18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

80 out of the saddle is my max haha, my body just isn’t meant to move that fast

spiffa0 likes this.
  19. My wife got me this phone tray for Christmas that hooks to the peloton

PXL_20211229_181246773.MP.jpg

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The true key to high cadence out of the saddle is reaaaallllyyyy bracing your core. Also pulling up on your pedal stroke as hard as you push down.

21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Just did Kendall’s most recent metal ride followed by the pop punk ride and I’m now dead

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Love Kendalls ride, tough out of saddle stuff is my jam. I like to do her Climb rides too.

23. Robins Encanto ride was great. The music in that movie is so good. Was a PR for me

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Denis's Eminem ride was incredible. Didn't expect to nearly PR, but I was very close.

spiffa0 likes this.
  25. Gonna take that tomorrow.

Started the beginner strength program today. Hope it gets more difficult.

GrantCloud likes this.