Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Peloton • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by maryp1603, Jul 24, 2021.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'd guess $1500-$2000. I've never used one before. Is it for upper body strength? I don't see myself using that over the bike.

2. Good full body. Core, arms, chest, legs

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Would love a rower

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I ran my first 10k this past Sunday. No way I would have been able to do it with out this app. Love it

Jim likes this.
  6. Did you do workouts in the treadmill or did you do the outdoor running ones?

7. Started powerzone training. Hope I see some gainz

8. J12

Trusted Supporter

Didn't realize this thread was here. I've had a Peloton for 18 months or so after deliberating for about 12 months prior to that. I accomplished some pretty big weight loss back in 2015-2016 but injuries from over-training piled up and I got myself to a point where my knee and ankles became so screwed up that my usual work outs on the elliptical and treadmill became a real killer.

The Peloton bike not only saved me in terms of workouts, but it got me to a point where I could start doing those other things in moderation again. The thing is stupidly expensive (I'm still paying mine off), but it's been worth every penny. I usually ride 5 days a week.

I'm actually a pretty big Wilpers fan. Love Power Zone training. I also enjoy Olivia and Dennis. And lately, Kendall because her playlists are better than just about everyone else.

Snoblin likes this.
  9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Cody on Dancing With The Stars this season haha

10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

First (and last) time I’ll be watching. Let’s go Boo Crew.

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Kendall's new emo ride (9/5/21) was typically great playlist and pretty damn difficult. I was coasting through the first half of class and then MakeDamnSure hit and she was asking for 80 resistance with 70-75 cadence. Yeeeeeeeessssssshhhhh!

Jim likes this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Bradley has a new 20 minute pop punk ride. Will take it tonight.

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@maryp1603 I love Bradley's pop-punk rides. He is a ridiculous human.

14. Been doing the discover your power zone program. It's more mental than physical. Actually sticking to the zone call outs instead of doing as much work as possible us tough because you feel like you aren't working hard enough. But gonna stick to the program and hope to see a difference at the end.

15. Has anyone replaced their pedals in the peloton? It's recommended to every year but I don't really understand why

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Usually takes me a few months between PRs, but I managed to get both a 30 minute and 20 minute PR last week.

Got the 20 minute on Bradley Rose's 20 minute Pop Punk Ride from 8/18/21, beating my 249kj with a 252kj. This entire forum would love the playlist on that one.

Got the 30 minute PR on Ben Alldis' 30 minute Climb Ride from 4/19/21, with a 376kj beating out 372kj. Pushed so hard in the "cool down" to get the PR I nearly puked haha.

17. I'm going to have to get bike shorts my ass can't take the hour long rides

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Game changing, the ass pad does wonders

LuigiPeppercorn, kassie09 and spiffa0 like this.
  19. kassie09

Regular

Has anyone dealt with MCL ( lower inner knee) pain in one knee while riding? The second I get on the bike basically, it hurts. No matter if I do a low impact or a ride with lots of standing. I’ve asked a friend to look at my form on the bike, seat height, closeness, etc. everything looks as it should, but neither of us are experts. I’m 5’6 and have my seat at 20 for height and B for closeness.

A google search mentions moving your cleat on the bottom of the shoe so it’s more inward, but I need to find that tool, which might be a challenge. ‍

if anyone has experienced something similar or has tips, I’m interested in advice!

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I would recommend getting a professional bike fitting. I paid $150 for Team Wilpers to do one over FaceTime and it totally changed my ability on the bike. $150 sounds steep, but a new injury or aggravating an existing one would be even worse.

You can see a bunch of people's positive experiences here, However, if you read this post it seems like the quality has gone down recently and they recommend VirtualBikeFitting.com.

kassie09 likes this.
  21. kassie09

Regular

I will look into something like that, I didn’t realize it existed. Thank you.

22. Bought this. I'll let you all know my thoughts when I install it.

TFD The Pivot for Peloton Bike Screens (Original Models), Made in USA | 360° Movement Monitor Adjuster - Easily Adjust & Rotate Your Peloton Screen | Peloton Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P54PHHH/?tag=absolutepunk-20

23. Success

PXL_20211105_200359274.MP~2.jpg

Jim likes this.
  24. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Worth it?

25. Haven't done any workouts yet but it was only 30 bucks. I could have used the Roku app on a tv to do workouts but I wanted to use the heart rate monitor and for the data to be collected. I think it will be worth it.

maryp1603 likes this.