Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pedro the Lion - Phoenix (January 18th, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Hot take is that this very well could end up being my favorite record of his lol I can't stop listening to it.

Jim and jordalsh like this.
  2. Philll

Trusted

Really enjoying how the feel of this, his voice and the guitars sound so good. Gotta spin this more.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Stopped for gas today at a Circle K and realized that I’ll never go to one again without thinking about David Bazan.

Ness72 and Lucas27 like this.
  4. Philll

Trusted

So there's really not a weak moment on this thing, huh?

Ness72 and Lucas27 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

Same!

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

coleslawed and travisred like this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They were really good live last night. My second time seeing them and third seeing Bazan. Loved hearing the new songs from Phoenix.

coleslawed and troyplaysbass like this.
  8. I went to the Bloomington show on Saturday and that was also awesome. John Vanderslice was a great opener.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I had a great time all around, however, Thalia Hall was only about 1/4th filled which was a bit disappointing to see considering when I saw them there last year it seemed like there were so many more people there. Maybe because it was Sunday and Game of Thrones finale night, but less people made it more intimate.

10. Possibly. There were probably two or three hundred in Bloomington, which is far from a sellout but a lot more than I thought would be there.

11. spun this for the first time in a while today. this is still amazing. quietest friend and leaving the valley are some of the best songs of the year so far

coleslawed and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

quietest friend and Phoenix are probably still my favorites, but he established quite a range on here

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Black Canyon is so good.

travisred likes this.
  14. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Really love the run of Circle K to Black Canyon, lot's of highlight moments during that.

Lucas27 likes this.
  15. One of the year's best, easily.

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Love this album. The storytelling in Circle K and Black Canyon is just insane.

17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So far I think this is my favorite thing I’ve heard all year. It’s weird because I def haven’t listened to this as much as, say, Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties or Tyler The Creator, but when I think of what my favorite music I’ve heard this year is this album kinda dominates.

contra11mundum likes this.
  18. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I still haven’t actually listened to this oops

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I keep forgetting this is from this year

Serenity Now and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Y’all out of pocket for this one

EmmanuelSCastle and jordalsh like this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don’t think it’s bad I just genuinely thought it came out last year til I saw yr post lol

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

January albums be like that

23. CoffeeEyes17

Zac this was clearly a personal attack on me and I will not stand for it. Good day. Blocked. Don’t text : (

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is way up there for me. Really special album.

25. This might be the best PTL album