Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pedro the Lion / David Bazan Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by EmmanuelSCastle, Jan 2, 2017.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Lots of entry points haha. Still need to delve deeper into his solo stuff

2. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I do think Control and Curse Your Branches are the best entry points for the respective projects. Those are the ones that drew me in at first.

Blanco and Care, which feel very connected to me, stroke me as a culmination for his discography though. They gain weight, especially Blanco, by knowing what came before it and the struggles he’s had over the past 10 years or so.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I don't think I disagree w Control / Curse being the most accessible points but I don't think he's got one clear best given the myriad ways people seem to get into him

Though I'm not dumb, the control / curse combo is the most common so I guess none of this matters

4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Gonna be honest, I’ve never really gotten too into his solo music. Haven’t tried that hard tho. Achilles Heel and Control are both about tied for me for my favorite PTL release.

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I want to change my answer. I think this live in studio album is the best place to start with Bazan. It's a got a mix of all of his stuff. Solo, Pedro, Headphones. And it's really just a 10/10 as far as live albums go.

Edit: it only linked the first song, so this is the link itself for the whole album: soundcloud.com/bazan/sets/bazan-live-at-electrical-audio

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah I need to be more active in listening to his solo stuff as well, I'm gonna make a point to do that sometime this week

7. travisred

Trusted Supporter

People sleep on Winners Never Quit.

8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They really do. It's my second favorite

10. travisred

Trusted Supporter

It might just be because I love listening to WNQ when it's cold out so I'm currently seasonally biased, but it might be my favorite. It's the most dynamic to me, and has a bunch of pieces from where he was coming from to where he was going to go. It kind of links all the albums together. Also it just packs a huge emotional punch for me, more so than the others.

EmmanuelSCastle and Benjamin Lee like this.
  11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Winners Never Quit might be my favorite too. I feel like Pedro had a similar trajectory to Death Cab. Only they skipped on having a Photo Album. In which case, Control is Pedro’s Trans. And Winners Never Quit is their We Have The Facts. Trans was my favorite Death Cab release at first. But now I prefer We Have The Facts. Same way, I preferred Control for the first bit, but I think I’m crossing over to preferring Winners now.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Wow this is the perfect analogy and sums it up perfectly. Well done dude. I'm like in awe of how perfect it is

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Thank you. I try :heart:

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

wut

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Hell yes.

renth ole podi = pedro the lion

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Polyvinyl is fucking killing it lately damn

18. bedwettingcosmo

wait, were not getting new material are we cuz i will flip my shit

19. mesi

Regular

20. bedwettingcosmo

WTF. HEAVY BREATHING

coleslawed and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Snewt likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Today....is a good ass day. I don't expect anything this year, or if so at the veeeery end of the year, but I'm v excited

Kennedy likes this.
  23. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Just saw polyvinyls post!!!!!

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Oh shit

25. travisred

Trusted Supporter

This man wasn't lying when he said he was going to release a record every year. Dang.

EmmanuelSCastle and Kennedy like this.