Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pedro the Lion / David Bazan Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by EmmanuelSCastle, Jan 2, 2017.

1. travisred

Trusted Supporter

The man knows how to turn a phrase.

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

His skill with words might be my favorite thing about him but overall he's one of the greatest musicians I listen to so that might be saying very little

3. travisred

Trusted Supporter

This new Lo Tom album is realllllly good. Like really good.

crunchprank likes this.
  4. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yep. It's hard to overstate how good it feels to hear Bazan singing over music like this. I love the past two solo albums so much, and this is a nice departure for him at the moment. "Covered Wagon" and "Overboard" keep getting stuck in my head.

5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Hadn't heard of the Lo Tom project, thanks for the heads up.

6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I enjoy all this synth heavy stuff, but I have been missing some of that edge. Also Dave let’s it rip vocally a few times which is pretty rare!

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, very true. That's one reason why I love to see him live: he tends to be more aggressive vocally, and it never fails to give me chills. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and his performance of "Cold Beer and Cigarettes" was stunning.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This has been my favorite Bazan song from first listen. I wish I knew what chords he was playing, they're not difficult but its such a catchy song.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

theres no notable album release anniversary coming up for PTL so im way curious what this is.

coleslawed, travisred and 5Stories like this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Odds of a PTL reunion? Small, right?

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Like, what'd be the point but also what else could it be? Vinyl?

12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Hype.

13. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I feel like the vinyl is already pretty available and PTL was mostly just him so I don’t think it’d be a reunion. Who knows.

Maybe something to do with the documentary?

coleslawed likes this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah I'm racking my brain and coming up empty. I mentioned reunion bc maybe he just wanted to bring back TW Walsh on less synth driven stuff but......Lo Tom. What is he doing!!!

15. bedwettingcosmo

If he revives ptl i'll die.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. travisred

Trusted Supporter

That would be fucking insane. Like I’m imagining a Winners Never Quit type album but more politically charged given the current climate.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

would be awesome and insane and i couldn't handle it except i would find a way for bazan

18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Pedro the Lion revival would be so crazy!

19. 5Stories

Regular

[​IMG]

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

excuse me what the fuck does he think he's doing??

21. bedwettingcosmo

hey yo if you could put a hand gun on my head and then pull the trigger that would be tight af

22. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Please be a Control tour, please be a Control tour! That would be the best way for him to a do a bigger tour and promote all the smaller stuff he’s been doing.

23. crunchprank

I know a few of us were disappointed that this only got screened and not digitally released to backers, so I shot them a message and they gave me a reply back. To my knowledge it wasn't ever stated publicly why so I'll dig around my email to see if I can find it again.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he just did a control tour back in 2012, would he do one again so soon?

I think the reason they gave for digital downloads not being included was so that distributors wouldn't have to worry about the indented audience already owning the film.
    which basically took away any incentive for me to back when it had already reached the goal.

25. crunchprank

Yeah @coleslawed that basically is what it seems like. This was the reason they provided to me.