Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pedro the Lion / David Bazan Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by EmmanuelSCastle, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just got a ticket for a viewing in Pittsburgh. Had no idea this was rolling through. Sweet!

2. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Very excited for this

4. ah bring it to Phillyyyy

5. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

jordalsh likes this.
  6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Made a last minute decision and bought tickets for the showing tonight in Logan. Driving an hour out or so but I'm pumped!

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Just popping in to say Control is maybe the greatest album of all time and Bazan is a god damn genius

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

good bump. control is peak october/november music for me.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. yeah it's Control season

10. Serenity Now

control is special. the doc on him is good. made me like more of his solo work that I had previously disregarded.

11. serotonin

The David Bazan as David Bazan albums are some of my favorite records. I saw him play Care right after it came out, but he played it with an acoustic instead, and it was incredible that way as well.

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

David Bazan made me an anarchist and was anti capitalist before it was cool

But in all seriousness it’s hard being a manager for a corporation without wanting to blurt out the chorus of Penetration.

coleslawed and RedDotRecording like this.
  13. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Forgot to say, documentary was super cool and emotionally gratifying. I feel like I knew alot of it and still really enjoyed.

serotonin likes this.
  14. serotonin

Why didn't the Strange Negotiations trailer and release date get a news post? Seems newsworthy for this site. Am I off base? I even submitted it with no action.

Slightly off topic but also noticed Daniel Johnston's passing was not mentioned at all either. I feel like he is an influence on a lot of the artists here as well and was kind of dumbfounded when it never showed up.

Serenity Now likes this.
  15. Serenity Now

Definitely saw a lot of reaction to his death on social media from artists that get posted about on this site

16. been listening to a lot of pedro and bazan since watching the doc the other day. i love all of it so much

serotonin likes this.
  17. serotonin

Finally watched Strange Negotiations today and thought it was great. My girlfriend who definitely wouldn't consider herself a fan of the music thought it was really good too.

I was at a show on each of the tours they showcased, but my shows weren't in the clips. I really, really wanted to host a house show when he was planning to come through Eau Claire, WI but it was the first night of the Eaux Claires fest. I messaged him to let him know that and they unfortunately just removed Eau Claire from the tour path.

18. navidson

Regular

Does anybody know where I could watch 'Strange Negotiations' in the UK? Been trying to buy it for weeks and no luck

19. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

navidson likes this.
  20. navidson

Regular

hermanthehermit likes this.
  21. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Enjoy!

22. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Dave is live on Twitch now doing Pedro stuff and covers.

23. straylight93

New Lo Tom album is being crowd-funded on Kickstarter: Lo Tom - LP2

Serenity Now likes this.
  24. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

the single is great. tw walsh is answering questions on his instagram stories and he said this record will be heavier than the last one.

25. great song!