Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pearl Jam - Gigaton (March 27, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 13, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Mar 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

01 “Who Ever Said”
    02 “Superblood Wolfmoon”
    03 “Dance Of The Clairvoyants”
    04 “Quick Escape”
    05 “Alright”
    06 “Seven O’Clock”
    07 “Never Destination”
    08 “Take The Long Way”
    09 “Buckle Up”
    10 “Comes Then Goes”
    11 “Retrograde”
    12 “River Cross”

Larry David, beachdude42 and Ken like this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I hope this means a full US tour to follow.

Vs. and Larry David like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Here for new Pearl Jam

Ken likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’ve only listened to one album post-Vitalogy, but they put on one hell of a show still

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You're missing out @cherrywaves. So much good material has come out since then!

cherrywaves and Larry David like this.
  6. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Yield is probably my 3rd favorite PJ album and I would put it over Vitalogy. Lightening Bolt was ok. Backspacer is garage rock good. Avocado, No Code, and Bilingeral are decent. This new song sounds like it could have been on Backspacer. Seen these dudes 5 nights in 1 week back in 2013 and it was one of the best weeks of my life.

JRGComedy and Ken like this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I fucking love No Code. Their self titled album has also really grown on me. Binaural and Riot Act are great too. Lightning Bolt is my least favorite PJ album, but it's still decent.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  8. Vs.

Regular

I like the song and the message behind it...looking forward to the new album and hopefully a full U.S. tour.

Ken likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pearl Jam completely lost me after Vitalogy. I loved Ten, Vs. and Vitalogy growing up as a kid.

I bought No Code, Yield, Binaural and Riot Act when they were all released, but could never get into any of those albums.

Despite not being into any of their music in the past 24 years (that sounds insane to say and jesus I feel old), I'd still love to see them live.

Unfortunately, not feeling this song at all.

10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Have you listened to any of their live albums, such as Live On Ten Legs? That might be able to help you get into some of their newer work. I know I wasn't into songs like The Fixer and Just Breathe at first, but they're so damn good when performed live it's kind of dumbfounding. Now I find myself liking most of their recent content.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I own at least 7 or 8 of their live albums + the Live @ Madison Square Garden DVD. But I believe all those were released in the early 2000s, so I don't own - or have listened to - any live albums post Riot Act.

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I highly, highly suggest you give this a shot if you like some of their earlier live albums:
    Pearl Jam - Live On Ten Legs - Amazon.com Music

13. tomtom94

Trusted

I was scanning this thread without looking and honestly thought it said the lead single was a cover of Call Me Maybe

14. I’m pretty sure they have dates booked for Fenway this summer...

waking season likes this.
  15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Best Vedder material in last 15 years has been the Into The Wild soundtrack.

waking season and ncarrab like this.
  16. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

awesome, very good band

Ken likes this.
  17. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

really good single, love the chorus

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

according to Jeff they're not gonna finish recording until after the summer tour so probably next year

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. Agh that’s a long wait.

20. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

so we wait. im fine with that. not expecting anything good anyways. their newest single was meh. love the band, but can wait patiently.

21. Breath

Regular

They’re my favorite band ever, and I will go to see them twice this summer (London 2 and Barcelona), but Can’t deny me SUCKS BALLS.

Probably the worst song they’ve ever recorded. The bridge is absolutely atrocious.

And, to add insult to injury, it’s the first thing they put out since 2012. Lame effort.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  22. Vs.

Regular

2013*. And I disagree. I thought it was alright when it came out, better once I saw a live video, and now it's really grown on me. I don't have it on repeat or anything, but I really enjoy it.

Definitely not the "worst song they've ever recorded." Not even close.

23. Breath

Regular

It’s what I think. It’s a lame effort, absolutely awful, more so coming from them.

Tell me worst songs than Can’t deny me from their catalog. I see ‘Ole’ and that’s it.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

hmmm

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

New album out 3/27/20 called gigaton

beachdude, kyle and Ken like this.