Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paul McCartney Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Jul 18, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I was jamming out to "Dance Tonight" while getting ready to go out tonight

2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

listened to Band on the Run today, loved it! Some really groovy tracks, and out of the ones I hadn't heard before, my favorite was definitely mrs. vandebilt.

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

Went back to Wings at the Speed of Sound because somehow I never seem to really process that record. I'm starting to realize it's because it's just not one of his best. Letting the rest of the band take the fore in writing and singing on so much of the record was admirable, but a mistake. Still has some absolutely staple material though,

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Just remembered he wrote this

5. cshadows2887

That's one of those where as soon as you find it out, it immediately seems so obvious that you have no idea how you didn't hear it before

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. cshadows2887

Went back to London Town. There are more okay songs than I remember, but it's still very much one of his best in my eyes. He really commits to the lite-pop vibe and it brings out some really wonderful sonic touches. Even the songs Denny Laine sings are more than just passable on it

And revisited Chaos and Creation in the Backyard while driving today and could honestly see a case for it as his best album. He doesn't rely just on the sonics like he's sometimes inclined to and there's layering in the production that's unlike anything in his catalog. It's also one of his only solo albums where you could say something surprised you. There are these little structural details and left turns that he sometimes seems too rushed to bother with

7. Spinning New for the first time in a while. I love Queenie Eye. It was great seeing him do that and a couple other New tracks at his show last month.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Been doing a deep dive into his solo work this week.

Flowers in the Dirt
    has some really good songs (particularly the collaborations with Costello), but oooooooooof that production is so dated. So blessed to have HQ versions of those original demos.

Flaming Pie is a very underrated late period Macca release, featuring some (imo) great production by avowed Beatles acolyte Jeff Lynne. NOT a fan of the Steve Miller collaboration at all though

10. Paul Beaumont

Flaming Pie is a really superb album for sure. Young Boy should get a lot more credit, so catchy. Chaos and Creation and New are both fantastic too. He has his downs but his ups are still right up there, I'm excited for his new LP this year.

Aregala likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

oh wow, didn't even know he had a new one coming up. Definitely on my radar now

12. Blaine Ryan

13. cshadows2887

14. Blaine Ryan

The carefree, off-the-cuff vibe definitely elevates it for me, but I think the title track, "Some People Never Know" and "Dear Friend" are really good songs.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

He's been ramping up social media efforts, and played a new song live, I think a new album is closer than we may think!

Larry David likes this.
  16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Is it sad that when I saw this thread bumped my heart sank thinking something happened to him?

My heart will never be ready

Contender likes this.
  17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

You saying that confirms I absolutely need to see him at Austin City Limits

Larry David likes this.
  18. irthesteve

19. irthesteve

20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah I'm ready for this.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

these are great. dude is still on a late career winning streak

23. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

hell yes

24. irthesteve

Egypt Station is out September 7

25. mattfreaksmeout Jun 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Want to pre-order but vinyl is so pricy.. I may hold off

Hopefully this means more touring too! The new songs are fantastic! Echoing what others said, it, it's truly amazing that 55+ years into his career he is still releasing songs of this quality.