Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Patterns in Traffic - Direction (June 1, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jun 1, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

HYPEEEE I still need to check this out! It's not a question of if but when. Glad people are finally starting to listen to Pat.

Patterns in Traffic and teebs41 like this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

@Patterns in Traffic production is really good on this, did you go to a studio or do this yourself?

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  4. circasurviver

Trusted

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

My drive home is 25 minutes. This will be perfect.

bachna84 and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This EP slaps

6. teebs41 likes this.
  7. Thank you! Did this all myself in my "home studio" (a spare bedroom). I did outsource the mastering to the SoundLAB at Disc Makers.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Is this a Tingle quote? That would be excellent.

9. teebs41 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  10. I need a "love" button for this thread

teebs41 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  11. circasurviver

Trusted

Haha it’s from The Simpsons
    [​IMG]
    Really enjoyed the EP. Right and Left were standouts on my first listen.

Patterns in Traffic and teebs41 like this.
  12. Haha also excellent.

Thanks so much for listening! Cool to hear different people digging different tracks. "Right" was actually a late addition. I had a completely different song that was going to be "Right" that I finished demoing and everything. Then I came up with this idea and decided it fit better.

circasurviver and teebs41 like this.
  13. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I just listened to the new Kanye West album and this back to back, and I can confidently say that I much prefer this!

Good work @Patterns in Traffic! On first listen, my favorites are Forward and Right.

14. circasurviver

Trusted

I don’t know enough about music to say what it is, but something about Right gives me a Minus the Bear Planet of Ice era vibe

15. Thank you so much! Haven't listened to the new Kanye yet. Seems like perhaps not the most obvious pairing :-)

Glad you enjoy those two songs, I hadn't seen anyone specifically call out Forward yet so it is really cool to hear that you thought that was a standout!

Bad Frequencies and bachna84 like this.
  16. Awesome compliment! If I'm being honest it started out as a Young the Giant ripoff :shhh:

17. Hey all,

Thought I would leave this here for those of you who were kind enough to check out my EP a few years back. My second full-length record is out this Friday (7/1)! It's been a four-year process putting it together and it's a bit eclectic in that it's about half softer acoustic tracks and half more high-energy rock songs. Alternative rock is the general descriptor I would use for those who are unfamiliar. I grew up on late-90s and early-2000s pop/rock radio, so those are the kinds of hooks I'm drawn to writing. I would be extremely appreciative of anyone who takes the time to give it a shot! Here's the album art and tracklist:

Lights_Reflections smaller.jpeg

1. Lights and Reflections
    2. Echo
    3. The Music Plays
    4. Beautiful Surprise
    5. Hotel Chelsea
    6. Fi's Song
    7. No Wonderland
    8. Sparks Fly
    9. Sink or Swim
    10. Easy Way Out
    11. Safe to Say
    12. So Damaged
    13. Living Without You

Insider tip: I've been releasing this album in pieces over the past couple years, so you can actually hear 10 of the 13 tracks now in the form of two five-song EPs that are already on streaming/digital outlets. The Reflections EP is mostly the acoustic side of the record, while the Lights EP is the rock side. Gotta wait until Friday for the three LP-exclusive tracks!

Patterns in Traffic - Reflections • chorus.fm
    Patterns in Traffic - Lights • chorus.fm

:heart::heart:

Aaron Mook likes this.