Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paterson (Jim Jarmusch, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 17, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

By all accounts I've seen, yes

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I can't gauge since I've never had to travel that far but I think it's a brilliant film.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I technically drove 8 hours to see it, but I was traveling for a different reason

4. Morrissey

Trusted

I was hoping it would come here since they showed a trailer for it back when I saw either Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea. It looks unlikely though.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Anyone in North Jersey interested in seeing this, it's playing at the Bowtie Cinemas Clairidge on Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair. I'm going to try to get there on Sunday to finally see it.

Off-topic but 20th Century Women, Moonlight, Lion, Manchester By The Sea, and Elle are also playing there.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Missed out on seeing this

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

8. Morrissey

Trusted

I assume the anti-phone position is Jarmusch editorializing for himself.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen Feb 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 4, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the idea of Jarmusch researching notable Paterson New Jersey residents, stumbling upon Fetty Wap and then listening to Trap Queen is bringing me immense joy

also nice seeing Chidi

Aregala and suicidesaints like this.
  10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Watched Only Lovers Left Alive last night and needed to watch more from Jarmusch so I checked this one out. It's really good.

brandon_260 likes this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

You should watch Ghost Dog if you haven't.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coming to Amazon Prime June 22nd

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally saw this and it was very good. Though I found the score a bit head-scratching and some of the bus passenger acting to be rough. Still the themes of routine and comfort versus creativity, spontaneity and risk were well executed. Really loved Driver’s performance.