Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Passion Pit - Tremendous Sea Of Love (2017) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, Feb 13, 2017.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

The Manners set is very much for the fans imo. He kinda struggles through some of the songs because his singing was much higher pitched then. But it's fun and the encore where he plays Gossamer (and one Kindred) songs goes off.

coleslawed, quietwords and matthaber like this.
  2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah, I vaguely remember hearing his voice can be hit or miss. But hey, free tickets! Might be nice to just enjoy some live music and have a beer or two.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Listen to all of Manners, because they play that in full, then I would say listen to Gossamer and if you have time their other two albums. I was near the front in Chicago and saw plenty of people dancing and having a good time but not singing along to a lot of the words. You will have a great time, Michael is such a great performer on stage.

coleslawed, quietwords and Carrow like this.
  4. Yeah you don't, like, not go to a free show if you can actually go to it! I hope you enjoy!

quietwords likes this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hope he's doing okay. Sucks that he's so inactive on social media but I get that it's probably not healthy for him.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What?

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm talking about Michael. He's inactive on social media so I hope he's doing alright with everything going on.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I know you were talking about him I just thought it was weird with no context, and what spurred the statement.

Joe4th, username and DaydreamNation like this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was listening to this album today, probably should have made that clear. Whoops.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s a great album, and I do appreciate the bump cuz I need to re visit it.

coleslawed and ItsAndrew like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

whooaaa there's a lot of content there

14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I miss Passion Pit. As a bipolar dude, I get it, but Michael is so all over the place that sometimes it feels like stuff is happening, and sometimes it feels like he quietly ended the project. Gossamer and Kindred were both extremely important for me, and the other two are still favorite albums of mine.

Henry, ItsAndrew, Carrow and 2 others like this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I thought gossamer was supposed to be reissued like a year ago? I swear I signed up to be alerted when that went up for pre order?

smowashere likes this.
  16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah. Pretty sure Manners was too. I think we were also supposed to get "reduced" versions of those albums, which basically meant those songs but with a bunch of layers cut so it's more minimalist. I think a couple of those versions are in the soundcloud.

smowashere likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really wish he'd release a new album. I wonder what he's been up to lately

smowashere and Benjamin Lee like this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

There's a demo of a new song (well, from January) on his soundcloud, so maybe something is in the works. But I don't know.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Re visiting this. It’s been a while but man it might be their best work? So many great ideas

20. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Sorry for the bump but Passion Pit popped up on a shuffle and damn they were so good. Did some light googling to see if I could find anything about what Michael’s been up to and couldn’t find much. I would love a return in some form. Probably gonna do a discography run.

21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Never apologize for bumping the thread of a god-tier band like this. Constant Conversations literally just popped up on shuffle for me while I showered and I was also reminded of just how good Passion Pit is. I really hope Michael comes back at some point, but as a fellow bipolar person, I also totally get why he's stepped back. Very thankful for his work even if he never releases again. Passion Pit genuinely saved my life on multiple occasions.

22. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

New album this year please

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Nice!!