Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Passion Pit Announce Hiatus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Passion Pit have announced a hiatus for the foreseeable future to focus on mental health:

Until it is safer and healthier for us to be advocates, to be a writers, producers, and performers, I simply cannot continue making music. You’re either committed to it or not. To raise awareness one moment and announce a show the next doesn’t help me. It hurts me. And others. I love Passion Pit and I love music even more. When something would be wrong, I’d try to ignore it. Then I’d almost die. Really.History loves to repeat itself and it’s because of systems and their flaws. So, I decided to make solving this issue my priority for now. xo

how many more episodes of behind the music do we need? how many more artists need to die? sexual harassment lawsuits need to be thrown out? i make so much music on a regular basis. the only way i can do that is because i work really hard to stay healthy. better health = more art. it’s the 5th-anniversary of Gossamer, an album that is about and the product of a manic episode. I nearly lost everything, including my life. trying to make sure that Gossamer doesn’t happen to me or anyone ever again. i am always making music. will only release music if it is to benefit the work i am doing to improve the environment in which it is made.

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is especially sad because I selfishly think Gossamer is one of the ten best records of this decade. Top to bottom flawless.

Hope he does what he needs for himself, to live a better life.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  3. Not super surprising. Hope he gets the time and help he needs.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Gossamer got me through some shit and for that i am am forever grateful to Michael. I wish him a healthy and happy mind and hope he knows his fans understand and support his well being more than his (amazing) music.

5. CMilliken

Trusted

I know he has a new album... is that ever going to see an official release?

6. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Gossamer is perfect

7. It's getting released this Friday. Also he just came out and said the band is not going on hiatus and that his comments were misconstrued.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Awesome!!

BigMouth likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Woah he has a new record coming out?? I've seen zero press and it's not on Apple Music? I'm assuming he was dropped after Kindred.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Gossamer is very top heavy. First half is awesome.. second half... eh.

Also, as much as I adore "Talk A Walk"- that quarter click that happens during verses annoys the hell out of me. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Lol

11. The record has been "out" for months, ever since he gave it to people (like me) who tweeted about science during this promotion he had. But it's getting officially released on streaming services this Friday. Which he just announced like a week or two ago, haha. Don't feel bad for being confused. It's a really, really good record though.

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Niiiice! I'll have to check it out. Cool idea about giving it to people who tweet for a cause. Thanks!

BigMouth likes this.