Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Passengers (Morten Tyldum, December 21st 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 19, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Michael Sheen, Laurence Fishburne, and Aurora Perrineau also star

[​IMG]
    trailer tomorrow

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I am very in.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks awesome.

5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'm interested.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, please.

7. I'm actually pretty indifferent

Ken likes this.
  8. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

the song in the trailer is fantastic. as is the trailer in general.

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The Imitation Game was one of the worst of last year. Haven't seen the rest of Tyldum's work.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This, it looks like it could really go either way for me

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The trailer didn't do much for me at all. Still, I'm sure this will do well simply because of Pratt and Lawerence.

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I don't get why that trailer showed so much of the movie.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

that was pretty obvious from the trailers, as well as it looking like shit

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I didn't know that was supposed to be a twist, I thought the IMDB summary said that

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The summary in the first post implies that they both wake up at the same time. Even the trailers I've seen seem to imply they both wake up at the same time, haven't looked at anything else for this movie myself and the people I was talking to yesterday were caught off guard by it.

Edit: IMDB has this as the plot summary.
    The spaceship, Starship Avalon, in its 120-year voyage to a distant colony planet known as the "Homestead Colony" and transporting 5,259 people has a malfunction in two of its sleep chambers. As a result two hibernation pods open prematurely and the two people that awoke, Jim Preston (Chris Pratt) and Aurora Dunn (Jennifer Lawrence), are stranded on the spaceship, still 90 years from their destination.

Really feels like they're hiding the fact that Chris Pratt wakes her up himself.

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Ehh idk. I feel like it's pretty obvious from the trailers. At least the first time I saw the trailer I guessed that's what happened.

18. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

the "there's something i need to tell you" line made it so clear he's the one that woke her up cmon y'all

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I swear to god the IMDB summary used to say that

It was before the trailer came out I think

Davjs likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I remember it from the original plot description. Weird to see it now being used as a teaser.

21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah, I mean, I figured from the trailer that he was the one who woke her up, definitely. But Jesus fucking Christ I never in a million years would have thought that that was the reason why. Figured it would be because she had some sort of expertise that was needed to help maintain the ship or something. Like holy hell, ugh. Why would these two agree to do a movie like this.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Lol

Aaron Mook and kidwithhelmet like this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

One of the commenters on this piece had a great idea about how this would've been a solid sci-fi horror movie where it turns out that Aurora wasn't the first woman he woke up and she slowly figures out what he's been doing before it basically becomes a stalker/slasher film and she has to figure out a way to kill him and save herself. I'd also like to add to that a revelation that you actually can put yourself back into the pods, and finding Aurora trying to put herself back to sleep is what catalyzes the turn to slasher film from disturbing psychological drama/mystery.

25. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Davjs likes this.