Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parkway Drive Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

I still think Prey is a little too corny but then again I love how campy he is in the music video.

2. That breakdown tho

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It sounds heavy on it's own, but as compared to their previous albums, not really

4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

If I had to choose some favorites from this after digesting it more over the weekend, I'd go with Chronos, Wishing Wells (minus the minute intro), In Blood, Absolute Power, and even I Hope You Rot. I like those more than nearly anything on Ire to be totally honest. Still hate The Void. Cemetery Bloom is just a glorified interlude and the closer did nothing for me with the spoken word and clean vocals. I don't really know what to say about Shadow Boxing other than Winston's clean singing sounds really underwhelming, I don't mind the rapping so much and it does have some nice moments instrumentally imo. Overall a mixed bag for me, with only 8 legit songs on here it left me wishing they'd have added one or two songs into this. I'm sure we'll get some b-sides like Ire though.

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I was converted to them on Ire, so this new album being a trashfire is a major disappointment.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's better than Ire though

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

They updated their social media profile picture and headers. They are teasing their next album

mattav152 likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Band is basically taking a short hiatus until the fall (they cancelled their big spring/summer tours

9. mattav152

they wiped their socials and posted this so its most definitely new music. I'm sure the touring hiatus is still a thing for them but I dont think it has anything to do with their rollout for new music:

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

And we have a 2nd tease

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

3rd tease

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Architects-Drive? Haha; not personally a fan of this sound, but can't deny the song is huge and catchy, and will go off live

15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Lyrics are cheeseball city, but its fun.

16. mattav152

song is essentially everything I cant stand about newer parkway. Bring me back to the Deep Blue era

adamlikesdogs likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Fun song, don’t hate it, probably won’t ever go out of my way to listen to it.

18. This is literally a WWE entrance song which isn't my thing at all.

19. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Don’t know if I like this. Maybe it’ll grow on me. Liked the last two records a lot but this is a little rough.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder when the actual album will come after reading this and how long it took and how much it drained them to make one song

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

Another new song tomorrow

22. mattav152

I'm gonna laugh when thats the intro to the new song and it just goes right into a butt rock riff

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

I still think Atlas was a high point for them keeping a heavier sound while starting to branch off to other influences, kind of wish they kept on that path. Ire and Reverence are fine albums but I don't often feel like playing as much as the first 4.

And I just realized I basically made the same post 4 years ago lol, oh time

24. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

I hate you cause I’m sure you’re right.

mattav152 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Looks like the new album is called darker still and is 11 tracks

25ED8E22-3104-4A5E-BEB9-6B18C87B1C24.png