Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parkway Drive / We Came As Romans / Counterparts Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by korey011, Aug 1, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Who has been drumming for them on this tour?

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

A special message from the WCAR family to our fans: We’ve thoroughly enjoyed the 10 years we’ve spent with Eric in this band and the countless memories we’ve made together. He is an extremely talented musician and a great person, but life happens and we're all torn in different ways as we grow older. Eric has chose to pursue a different future than we have, and as someone we respect and deeply care for, we need to allow him to live his life. The band will continue on and Eric will be successful in whatever he chooses to do and we only wish him the best.

3. red8ge

Regular

i'll be at this tonight, find me selling malaysian Counterparts merch outside and recruiting people into my fake hardcore crew

redwing91007 likes this.
  4. red8ge

Regular

Show was....cool. There was some local opener on that made me have an existential crisis about how stale metalcore is. It's just kind of unbelievable sometimes how much bands lack any kind of interesting ideas or desire to change shit up.

But Counterparts was tight. I didn't really watch WCAR bc it was too goofy, and Parkway was cool. The show didn't seem to be that packed though, usually the venue has an entire upper area for seats but it was blocked off. I wonder how the tour will do in other markets. Also, I forgot that Parkway's fanbase is super military/monster energy drink-core. The pit looked like a pool of testosterone under the surface.

Anyways, I've got some larger thoughts about metalcore in 2016 but I think I'll bring that to the warped thread or something.

5. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Starland was crowded last night but do not think it was a sellout.

Local Band was meh nothing special.
    Counterparts put on a good show. Definitely need to listen to them a bit more than I do.
    WCAR's set was probably my favorite I have seen of them. A lot of energy. Sounded great (wish they played at least one more old song but can't complain). Wasted Age sounded great live.
    Parkway is Parkway. You know they are going to bring it. Overall an amazing show.

6. darkstorms139

Regular

I know Parkway usually closes with Home Is For the Heartless, but I was at the MD date and Bottom Feeder is a fucking EXCELLENT closer for them.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What time have the shows been starting? Ticketmaster has the show starting at 4:10. That can't be right.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Doors open at 4:10PM. Performance begins at 5:40PM.

Nevermind!

9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I heard WCAR is doing the drums acapellica at the moment. Is that true?

10. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Jersey show was doors at 7 local band went on at 8 to start

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Just saw that a band called Sky Machine is opening the Chicago show.

12. darkstorms139

Regular

They have a touring drummer with them right now.

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

What an incredible show. Parkway never fails to tear the place down. They sold out my date once again (third time in a row) and people were losing their minds. I had my classic spot in the back right in front of the soundboard, usually I get a little room and people are generally fairly respectful. The ENTIRE floor was moving, literally to the back barricades you had no choice but to get involved and it was simply insane. Parkway is so damn consistent live it blows my mind. WCAR were WCAR, somewhat enjoyable but nothing to write home about. I did really like Wasted Age live though. Counterparts were cool, need to spend more time with their material but they seem like a band that's right up my alley. I missed the local opener (Blind Witness) but they are way more than just a local opener. The venue was practically at capacity by the end of their set. Overall, this show was incredible and anyone debating if they should go or not should pull the trigger and buy tickets, you won't be disappointed.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I haven't been to a show since Riot Fest weekend. I am very excited for this tomorrow.

redwing91007 likes this.
  15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Do Parkway Drive or WCAR have any vinyl for sale?

16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Parkway had Ire, Atlas, Deep Blue and Killing With a Smile on vinyl which was really cool. Didn't check the WCAR merch out though.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Local band 5:40-6:10
    Counterparts 6:20-6:50
    We Came as Romans 7:10-7:55
    Parkway Drive 8:10-9:30

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Seth Rollins was at the Chicago show last night. He was right on the rail.