Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parks and Recreation (NBC) TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It'll be nice to see some Parks mixed in with their 24/7 schedule of Office reruns

coleslawed likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

We got a Roomba for Christmas so obviously I named it:
    C77A6CB8-5A89-4CC4-AF4D-E413D434BB3D.png

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Rewatching again, and Andy's line about Jean-Ralphio at April's birthday was fucking hilarious "...But that Ralph Macchio guy is a total douche"

4. CrumbDonuts4Me

Saw a girl on Tinder who said "The Office is better than Parks and Rec"

Of course, I reported her for spam.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's hard for me to compare the shows even though they are very similar, and i've said it before that i think while the highs of the office IMO are better than anything P&R has to offer, i think P&R is a more consistently better show. I can pick any episode from any season or any season in general for that matter and enjoy it all. There are episodes (and episode chunks) that I skip over in the office. I think that is what makes P&R a better show. The consistency.

I think the general public/pop culture would never agree with that though.

imthesheriff and mad like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

once P&R gets out of it's season 1 and 2 stumbles of trying to be a direct office parody, it takes off and never looks back. That said, season 2 is still a great season and season 1 gets unfairly beaten on.

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think one of my favorite things about P&R is how they develop and make all their characters relevant/important to the stories they tell. The office I don’t think ever did that too well. Maybe it’s because the office had far more side characters and subplots than P&R did, but the office really focused on Michael, Jim, Pam, Dwight, and to a lesser extent Andy. We spent a lot of time with the Oscar’s, Kevin’s, Meredith’s, etc. but they were never truly the forefront of focus of anything. Anne, April, Andy, Ron, Donna, Tom, all actually grew as characters and people in the show’s universe, all of them were developed perfectly and by the end of the show are all completely different/better people than when the show started, and they did it so well while still keeping Leslie the forefront of the show’s story.

8. RyanPm40

The scene in the S7 premiere where Tom shows Ben his speech and they just both start bawling their eyes out is one of the funniest scenes in this entire show for me lmao. Which is kind of funny since it's more or less a rehash of the end of the episode when E720 fails and he shows Leslie the video he made.

10. drewinseries

Drew

Fiance showed me this last night, so great.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

holy shit lol

irthesteve likes this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Well that took a left turn

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

FYI, it's a spoof on the Netflix Fyre doc, if anyone is confused

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

hahahahahahaha

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

jerry is the fucking goat

16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

rewatched s6 and s7 the last few days, man this show is still so good.

Ron’s scenes really get me every time - the visit to London, Morningstar, and his park ranger ending. Just so good. His and April’s story arcs are probably my favorite in terms of where they were when the show started vs when it ended.

Ben gave me the most laughs for sure. I might rewatch Party Down again now. I hope it still holds up.

17. dlemert

Trusted

Ron is my favorite character on the show but in terms of pure hilarity yeah I have probably cracked up at Ben the most.

Vase Full Of Rocks and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Jean Ralphio is the best secondary character in television history

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

20. RyanPm40

Ben is my spirit animal

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's so hard for me to pick a favorite character on this show, every one of them has moments of hilarity and brilliance.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

23. RyanPm40

supernovagirl, Ken, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It definitely does still hold up

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

NecessarySelfassuredCowrie-small.gif