Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parks and Recreation (NBC) TV Show • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I could never handle skipping anything of a show even if I wanted to, it would bother the shit out of me. Both on first watches and rewatches lol

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, what if it's the end of the show? Like the final seasons of HIMYM, Weeds, Community, Dexter, House Of Cards, Heroes, That 70's Show, Scrubs and Once Upon A Time are all pretty bad.

3. Yeah I would skip a few of those, shows that aren't fully serialized and with no end in sight tend to get bad after a few seasons. Especially those procedurals and sitcoms that had +20 episodes per season, but it looks like it isn't the norm anymore.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Scrubs is literally the only one for me lol, I'm definitely one of those people that pretends S9 doesn't exist. Thinking about it as a spinoff helps me justify not watching it.

I disagree about Community though

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

its a completely different scenario if we are talking about skipping episodes/complete seasons on a re-watch as opposed to watching for the first time ever.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. drewinseries

Drew

I only recommend to skip so friends don't drop it if it doesn't pick up. I almost dropped Brooklyn 99 because of first half of season 1, but glad I kept with it.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

this is good to know

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Wait, what problem did you have with B99?

9. drewinseries

Drew

I just wasn't into the first half of season 1, but friends told me to stick with it, and now I love it. I probably would have dropped it if it wasn't for the adamant praise. I'm watching it right now actually haha.

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the beginning of b99 is very standard silly sitcom, esp with the lack of stories that last longer than 1 episode
    if it wasn’t for my intense love of Andy Samberg I probably wouldn’t have thought much of the first half of the first season

11. drewinseries

Drew

Once Charles had the buttholes joke going I think that's where it picked up for me. S2-S5 are fantastic.

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, I forgot about the butthole jokes haha

13. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I started watching Halt and Catch Fire this week. I’m on episode 8 now and it’s getting really good. However, if folks on the site didn’t give the show so much praise I would have seriously considered skipping ahead to season 2, if not giving it up altogether.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Murinal! Murinal! Murinal!

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Swear to God it never matters where I am or how many times I hear it...

I’m currently at the grocery store and “Get On Your Feet” began playing and I just started laughing and the guy next to me in the aisle was staring at me like there was something wrong with me.

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've literally never heard the song outside of this show lmao

coleslawed and supernovagirl like this.
  17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Omg that would be me

Me either but If I did I would definitely laugh uncontrollbly. That scene makes me so giggly.

Nyquist and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Teacher friend did a thing

19. bones

#HEEL

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hope that's filmed somehow but I don't think we ever really get to see stuff like that

21. 10 years??? It feels surreal

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Feels like it’s cheating to call it a 10yr reunion when its based on when the show started.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

While it does feel cheap to call this a 10 year reunion, it's crazy that this show has been over for 4 years.

probably because I still watch it weekly.

chewbacca110 and coleslawed like this.