Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parks and Recreation (NBC) TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That only exposes the fact that I know nothing about Shakespeare

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Damn Texas education system

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

man. he wrote a lot apparently.

supernovagirl and coleslawed like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was in AP and the focus was more on contemporary works. I think we did half of Julius Caesar and that's it

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Knowing more than, like, 5 of his plays means you’re a big nerd anyway, so it’s all good

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. shea

RIP Supporter

Just exploring the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the first time in 30 years of living here and came upon this beautiful tribute to Li’l Sebastian

FFE80B8B-761E-46A9-8B54-FD50110ECF58.jpeg

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

On season 4 of my first watch and really enjoy it so far. Watched the Office earlier in the year for the first time as well. Parks and Rec does a good job of having main lead characters like Leslie and Ron that I don't ever really get annoyed with like I would at times with Michael Scott, Dwight, or Jim. Of the main/core cast Tom is probably my least favorie, but I still mostly enjoy him.

I think I have seen enough from Parks to say I like it more than the Office. I love when the townspeople come in to complain or speak at town meetings. Those have been some of my favorite moments so far. And the conservative protester Marcia rings true for me having been around some pretty conservative people at different points in my life.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm not sure how it's still considered controversial to say Parks is better than The Office lol

10. Oh dang I still need to watch S7.

RyanPm40 and CarpetElf like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I saw The Office long after watching P&R a million times. P&R is definitely the better show, but I love both

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Office's fatal flaw for me is it's too good at what it sets out to do. So I guess as far as intent goes, The Office is better? Idk how that works. But like, they set out to make it like they were following real people. The problem there is that real people generally suck haha.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Season 2 eps were on TV this morning and I forgot all about Mark... because no one likes him and he's forgettable.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I prefer The Office because I have emotional investments into the characters much more than I do for Parks.

But I love both.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Mark and never got the hate for him. He's the straight man.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's my biggest complaint with the Office tbh and also why I'm so confused why people hate the last two seasons. They did more with their characters in the last two seasons than the majority of the previous seven.

smowashere likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I never thought he was a good straight man though. Adam Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Joe4th likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

parks >
    for sure

Contender, RyanPm40 and CarpetElf like this.
  19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Parks was way more consistently good but peak office is a lot better than parks imo. Nothing tops seasons 2-3 of the office for me

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Adam Scott was the perfect straight man, no doubt about that.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's funny cause after going through the Office for the first time ever I think it's actually more consistent than Parks lol. Seasons 3 and 4 of Parks are top-tier TV while 2, 5, 6, and 7 are very very good. The Office is mostly good from 2 through 8 and i didn't really notice many peaks haha

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is exactly how I feel. I think P&R was more consistently good than the Office throughout it's run, and I think P&R actually handled the introductions of new main cast members much better than the Office, but the highs of the Office cannot be touched by even the best P&R episodes.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Parks is life. I’ve watched it through about 4 or 5 times now.

I’m not a Steve Carrell fan and just couldn’t get into the Office.

I liked Mark. Kind of a bummer he couldn’t make it back for the finale.

This show has so much heart. By the end you really feel like these people are your friends.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Mark sucks and rewatching season one (I usually skip it) for the first time in a long time confirmed that I wasn't irrationally hating on him. He's just...a shitty, boring dude. He's also the most obvious holdover from the Office spinoff angle and getting rid of him at the end of s2 really freed them up to be their own thing, 100%.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Office got worse and worse as it went on. Parks got better and better.

coleslawed likes this.