Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked Snowpiercer when I first saw it, but on repeat viewings, I think it might be his weakest. The Host and Memories are great though. Still haven't gotten around to this, but at this point I may just wait another week or two and try to see it on a big screen.

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

I finally saw the trailer for this (I tend to not watch them unless they are forced on me at a screening) and it somehow looks even better than I expected???? Three weeks!

coleslawed and zigbigwig like this.
  3. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Saw this today in a packed theater, it was so crazy. People were constantly going back and forth between laughter and gasps. Definitely a great experience with a big crowd.

jkauf, AWasteOfATime and yung_ting like this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

probably my favorite movie of the year, kind of a masterpiece or a classterpiece if you will

jkauf likes this.
  5. Oh ya, I saw this over the weekend. It's great. Whole cast was pretty good too.

jkauf likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

From the same piece. Absolute legend lmao

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally saw this. Nearly shit myself six times in the second half alone

Mrplum5089, jkauf and SpyKi like this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh and uh movie of the year

Mrplum5089, zigbigwig and jkauf like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Like, I saw Mother (which was incredible) the night before, and even THAT didn't prepare me for what I'd get here

jkauf likes this.
  11. Syre Dream

Regular

Why isnt this showing anywhere near me :(

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

give it another week and it will spread

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ugh I just found out this is opening at the shitty theatre across from my apartment a week before it opens at the nice theatre. I should probably hold off since I’ve waited this long since the leak and the festival but I’m just trying to see this!

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Already sold out in NY lol

riotspray likes this.
  15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Opened on 3 screens and was still the fifth highest opening for a Palme winner ever. Insane.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Seeing this tomorrow!!!!!

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It'll be interesting to see how NEON does with their first legit contender. I feel like if they play this the right way it could easily get Picture and Director nods, and if they really thread the needle (a la Roma), maybe an acting nod or two?

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I hope it gets best picture and director and screenplay, i wouldn't really count on it for any acting catergories. I think its kind of a down year with not a ton of head and shoulders qualified hits so it will interesting to see what happens.

incognitojones and zigbigwig like this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

True, but also most of what people are considering the BIG Oscar players haven't opened yet: The Irishman, Jojo Rabbit, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Uncut Gems, Marriage Story, even Parasite JUST opened.

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

half of those dont seem like real locks to me. Im sure marriage and irshman will be but the rest idk too much about their chances.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this movie was great

jkauf likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

need to see this (anticipation for this and the lighthouse is killing me) but it’s hard for me to imagine something topping ad astra this year for me

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

GOD DAMN

jkauf likes this.
  25. flask

Trusted Supporter

I can’t see anything topping this. And I really liked Ad Astra too.