Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I fell asleep during foxcatcher (exhausted from work plus beer) on a second date. In a small full theater. Snored. It was so embarrassing.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

I fall asleep at home to YouTube videos almost every day, so a movie would not be a stretch. The only movie I have fallen asleep at was The Master, of all movies, but it was because it was a midnight release and I had no energy left.

3. Lucas27

Trusted

I’ve never fallen asleep during a movie. But I almost have multiple times and genuinely wonder how I haven’t yet.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The only time I’ve come close to falling asleep in theaters was Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre. It was my first year of college and between the heavy workload and drinking my energy was low that particular night

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I feel asleep to Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix because I drank a little beforehand

6. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I fell asleep during the midnight premiere of Deathly Hollows part 1, partially because I was a wee lad and it was way past my bedtime and partially because it's so boring without being able to immediately jump into part 2

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i think i dozed off a bit during finding nemo of all films

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

incredible hulk too

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I fell asleep during Alita: Battle Angel

10. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Just saw it.

Wow, what a film. Hard to even know where to start.

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just watched this yesterday, tremendous filmmaking. so good

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. riotspray Feb 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've fallen asleep during movies many times. If I recognize it and know I'm snoring and have already missed half the movie, then I'll just get up and leave and try not to ruin it for anyone else.

If I'm in the theater alone, it's the best nap ever.

13. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yeah I love taking naps while sitting upright in a chair and getting blasted by light and sound

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Most theaters I go to recline at the very least, two theaters here have full on la-z-boys and couches.

riotspray likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

$200m

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I went to theaters with reclining chairs for A Hidden Life and Little Women. No one should ever be that comfortable. I had to put it up to stay awake.

18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The place I go to only has reclining seats, they're great.

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Reclining seats are great because you’re not sharing arm rests in a cramped seat with someone else.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I feel spoiled when I go to the theater now. The one right down the street from me has reclining chairs and a bar. I enjoy kicking back and having a beer or two during the show.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think I'll ever go to a movie theater again if I have to sit next to a stranger

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet

23. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Honestly with my experience at major movie chains, its more like... a stranger is just an arch nemesis you haven’t met yet

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I love going to see movies at the theater but hate about 98% of the people that are also there.

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I usually average a movie per week and I rarely ever have problems with people in the theater. But when I do, it's usually awful like a person talking through a whole ass movie or an old couple where one has to tell the other what's going on.